Thank you for joining our One Planet City Challenge. As a participant we provide you with a wealth of tools and resources if your city is ready to commit to the challenge of keeping global temperature rise at a maximum of 1.5 °C.
We think the benefits are big: cities join an exceptional group of global actors, enjoy expert feedback of commitments and actions, receive increased local and international recognition, and contribute to the cooperative effort for science-based climate action.
Below you find some important dates. In this round we also welcome you to a webinar series where we will launch new guidelines and resources on a variety of topics. We further offer you to the opportunity to join a cutting-edge software platform where you can craft your climate action plan supported by both peers and experts.
Our aim is to boost your capacity to the respond to the climate crisis.
- 15 April: CDP-ICLEI Unified Reporting System open for city reporting
- 29 July: Reporting deadline for CDP scoring
- 31 August: Deadline for cities to join OPCC
- 6 October: Interim Feedback report send out
- 7 October: Seminar on Optimizing the report
- Q3-Q4: Amendment period for Feedback report
- 1 February: Cities receive their final report with Feedback on 1.5°C alignment (see template below)
- March–April: OPCC jury deliberations and feedback conveyed to cities
- April–May: National and Global Winners selected and announced
- September–October: OPCC finalists invited to join the We Love Cities public engagement campaign
Local or regional WWF contacts
For local or regional WWF contacts, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll connect you!
REPORTING TO WIN
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR OPTIMIZING YOUR OPCC DATA REPORTING
In this introductory webinar WWF and CDP address the rationale, design, process and OPCC timeline as well as how to use the CDP-ICLEI Unified Reporting System and successfully submit data to the OPCC.
Please contact us with any questions or further information.
Watch the spanish webinar here
Tomorrow's Sustainable Urban Mobility Solutions Start Today
The drive to meet the Paris Agreement’s goals, coupled with cities’ responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, have provided a unique window of opportunity to rethink and redesign urban mobility for a healthier, more equitable and carbon-free future in our cities. Listen to a dynamic discussion with leading experts and practitioners on how to build on this momentum to create people-first cities, where the health of people and planet are central.Watch the seminar
Webinar series organized by WWF Cities and WMO GAW.