The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
© WWF / Troy Mayne
No Plastic In Nature
- By 2050, based on current projections, production and incineration of plastics will account for 10-13% of the global annual carbon budget.
- 700 species – from tiny zooplankton, to fish, birds and the largest whales – are harmed by entanglement in or ingestion of plastic.
Social & Economic
- There is growing evidence of widespread human ingestion of plastic from contaminated food and water, particularly microplastics. Although toxicological risks are poorly understood, toxic chemicals may bio-accumulate within body tissue.
- An estimated $622 million is lost every year in the Asia-Pacific region alone due to waste and clean-up costs, affecting the livelihoods of communities reliant on tourism.
© WWF Madagascar
© Richard Barret / WWF-UK