At WWF, we work with companies that recognise the benefits of taking action on climate change and are prepared to take the steps needed to cut emissions throughout their value chain. The WWF Climate Business Network supports businesses on their path to align with a 1.5°C world and achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Companies across diverse sectors and at different stages on the road to net-zero can join the Network to rapidly advance their corporate climate ambition, cut emissions from their own operations and throughout their supply chain, and add their voice to drive strong climate policy. The companies taking the most ambitious action are named WWF Climate Savers - the highest level of the Network.
The goal of the Climate Business Network is to broaden corporate participation in the effort to tackle climate change: it aims to encourage and support companies at every stage of their climate change mitigation journey, demonstrating that climate action is vital, achievable, practical and compatible with corporate growth.
Climate Business Network members that meet exacting criteria for climate action will be named as Climate Savers. These companies will have demonstrated leadership by setting and acting on climate targets aligned with a 1.5°C future and advocating for ambitious climate policies.
Companies in this higher tier of the Network are entitled to use the Climate Savers logo and benefit from enhanced opportunities of engagement and communication.
To qualify for the Climate Savers tier, companies need to:
- Have a 1.5°C-aligned target approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Publicly disclose their climate targets and progress toward those targets, preferably with disclosures verified by a third party
- Be strong public advocates of ambitious climate actions and policies that enable the transition towards a low-carbon economy
The Climate Savers tier of the Climate Business Network is an evolution of the WWF Climate Savers programme, which has been in place since 1999. We are encouraging partners in the Climate Savers programme to transition to the new Network, and allowing them time to meet the new Climate Savers criteria.
Climate Savers Partners:
Join the Climate Business NetworkContact Us
- Climate Business Network Action Summit - Members only event: Members are invited to a closed virtual session on 15 September 2021. Please contact your local WWF office for agenda and registration details.
- Climate Business Network Action Summit - Open event: WWF’s Climate Business Network will host a short, sharp virtual intervention focused on implementation and finding solutions to common problems using collective power. A session for Asia, Europe and Africa will be held on 29 September, while the Americas edition will follow on 7 October 2021. Please contact your local WWF office for agenda and registration details.
- Alliances For Climate Action: Opportunities for companies to engage in policy advocacy with other non-state actors driving climate action and higher ambition to deliver a transition in line with 1.5°C.
- Science-based Target Setting for Financial Institutions: How will new tools impact companies?
To ensure credibility, companies need to not only step up their climate ambition but to deliver on ...
A new report presents WWF’s views on implementing high-impact and high-quality nature-based ...
SBTi’s science-based Net-Zero Standard launches today to provide a credible and independent ...
WWF Climate & Business
WWF works with businesses on the path to a net-zero future that benefits people and nature. Our programs support businesses to cut their emissions in line with climate science, elevate those with innovative technologies, and help companies secure renewable energy to power their operations.