Posted on 03 November 2022
LOCATION: Gland, Switzerland
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime. All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Location: Gland, Switzerland
Work percentage: 50%
In May 2011, the WWF global network agreed to work together in developing global conservation campaigns. This shift toward global campaigning was intended to: (1) Increase conservation impact; (2) Align national, regional and global approaches to the conservation work of WWF; (3) Grow WWF’s positioning as a global leader in the field of conservation; (4) Foster better skill-sharing, capacity-building and internal communications; (5) Create a culture of campaigning within the network. To achieve these goals WWF has begun building a global campaign team.
Supports the director of global campaigns and the director of corporate partnerships (both based in Gland) as well as supporting the campaign team in different locations in all administrative and operational functions on a day-to-day basis. Ensures effective coordination and monitoring of all designated tasks while also supporting substantive campaign actions. As this function will be supporting global campaigns with a significant number of network offices participating, the ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks from VISA acquisitions and travel details to managing essential administrative responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise workshops, meetings, travels, visa applications, itineraries;
- Keep track of documents and forms, ensure proper filing as per administrative policies and procedures, maintaining filing electronically and in hard copies as appropriate;
- Support the campaign team in the development, implementation and monitoring of the global campaigns (i.e. assist with campaign research and activities, assist with monitoring media and social coverage relating to campaigns; liaise with team members to ensure actions are being followed up);
- Take minutes, and assist with formatting and proofread reports and other communications materials;
- Support the campaigns team in organising meetings and scheduling in person and remote meetings;
- Provide tactical administrative support to the director of corporate partnerships; and
- Perform other duties at the request of the director of global campaigns.
- Diploma in Secretarial/administration from a secretarial college, or equivalent, or other relevant discipline;
- At least 3 years experience in an administrative position or as an assistant to a senior management function;
- Sound experience in project management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in complex environments with multiple priorities;
- Strong grasp of social media and information management;
- Patience and a sense of humor.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills and attention to detail;
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Good awareness and sensitivity of different cultures and ability to communicate effectively cross-culturally;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Excellent knowledge of office computer applications including – Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with intranet, internet, website and database applications;
- Skills in communicating via social media tools;
- Embraces the WWF mission and values of the organisation: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
Works in close collaboration with the entire team. Interacts frequently with other relevant units within WWF International.
Interacts with partners, staff and visitors from other organisations. Responds to general enquiries related to the work of the Department.
How to apply
***Read carefully ***
To apply, send your cover letter and CV as one file.
Deadline for applications: by November 23rd 2022.
Work permit restrictions will apply. Visa to work will not be provided.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.