Posted on 13 July 2022
We are looking for a full time “Sustainable Finance Policy Officer” to join our Sustainable Finance Unit. The post holder will be focusing on EU regulatory and policy opportunities on private and sustainability and support the team leader in organizing and coordinating WWF-EPO’s activities and policy work related to the EU strategy for financing the transition to a sustainable economy. Location:
WWF European Policy Office, Brussels
- Identifies relevant contacts in EU institutions and other relevant EU stakeholders with the public affairs team and partners;
- Does background research on EU regulatory opportunities on private finance and sustainability;
- Monitors relevant policy initiatives and developments on the EU level;
- Drafts/inputs briefings documents, consultation responses, provides summaries and analyses;
- Contributes to the EPO strategy on EU sustainable finance policies and to the planning/reporting cycles on related issues (e.g. narrative reporting);
- Contributes to EPO funding proposals on related issues;
- Sets meetings with decision makers and takes part of the relevant meetings;
- Participates in external meetings and events where relevant;
- Follows Committee meetings when relevant;
- Follows up with WWF national offices and partners;
- As part of overall NGO coordination work: organises regular calls/meetings and targeted events with relevant partners;
- Supports communication work on above mentioned issues.
What you need:
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Advanced degree and/equivalent work experience in finance, environmental policies and law, and preferably on climate and energy policies;
- At least 5 years of experience on financial issues related to sustainability;
- Experience of working on and a good understanding of the European political system and the EU-based institutions;
- Previous experience working for an NGO welcomed;
- Strong strategic and analytical skills;
- Capacity to take initiative;
- Excellent word processing skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-PowerPoint;
- A positive manner with team-building skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Networking experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with good French, other
languages an advantage;
- Sympathetic to non-governmental organisation styles of work and procedures;
- A firm commitment to WWF’s values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Please send a single PDF document with your updated CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline: 15 August 2022 midnight.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.