Posted on 04 August 2022
Location: Toronto, Brussels, Zeist.
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Location: Toronto, Brussels, Zeist.
Work percentage: 50%
Mission of the Department
To unite the WWF Network and partners and create the right environment to deliver the WWF Global Conservation Programme, primarily through support and integration of the Global Practices
To drive strategic coherence across the nine Practice areas and enabling them all to work towards the bigger picture.
To support each Practice in the design and implementation and measurement of their programmes.
Major Functions: Assists the Director in the day-to-day management of the team with designated administrative duties. Also assists other staff in the unit in the effective fulfilment and execution of their functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director in their management and leadership functions;
- Coordinate logistics for relevant internal meetings and external events as necessary, prepare documentation for assigned meetings and monitors follow-up;
- Organise agenda, internal and external meetings, requests and appointments for the Director and streamlines requests and workload;
- Handle mail for the Director and edit enquiries and correspondence, reports and documents, create and edit power point presentations as required;
- Maintain webpages, calendars, leave forms, filing, archiving systems and contact databases for the team;
- Organise travel and accommodation for staff in the unit, including negotiating airfares, air-miles and CO² calculations and itineraries;
- Provide general office support functions for team members (e.g. photocopying, managing office equipment and supplies, taking phone enquiries, etc).
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to prioritize; attention to details
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills
- Good awareness and sensitivity of different cultures and ability to communicate cross-culturally
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, French desirable.
- Excellent computer knowledge and office software, including Excel, graphs, PowerPoint, internet, intranet, and database entry
- An interest in the field of nature conservation and natural resource management
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Courage
Internal: Interacts regularly Global Policy staff, as well as staff of other relevant units within WWF International, as well as National Organizations and Programme Offices;
External – Interacts with partners, staff and visitors.
How to apply
***Please Read carefully ***
Only one single document can be uploaded through our platform. Upload your covering letter and CV as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: 19th August 2022
Please apply through link.
Work permit restrictions apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the
advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.