Posted on 14 June 2022
Location - Singapore
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realisation that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organisation, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Work percentage: 100%
Contract: On- going
Mission of the department
- To engage audiences across the globe to accelerate conservation impact and to build the WWF brand.
- To ensure a coherent ‘One Brand, One Voice’ by integrating and supporting the communications functions across the network (Practices, Nos and POs)
- To facilitate and coordinate the development and alignment to a global brand and communications strategy
- To provide a Centre of Excellence to the Network and convene the Communications
- Community in terms of communications practice, coordination across Practices, techniques, platforms and digital media
- To provide common technology platforms Network-wide to enable communication with the audience.
Working within the WWF International Digital Engagement team, the Digital Manager (Channels) oversees the effective management and development of our digital marketing channels, cultivation of our online communities, paid activity, and audience growth; across platforms that include the WWF and Earth Hour social media channels, messaging apps, and email newsletters.
Managing and working with our global social media agency, and alongside the International Media, Brand and Network Communications teams, the role is responsible for providing digital project management support for public, corporate, advocacy, policy and conservation activities, seeking to improve reach, engagement, and conversion.
The Digital Manager (Channels) should seek to exemplify and demonstrate best practice for community and channel management at WWF; leading from the front, to provide a strong foundation and blueprint for WWF’s National Offices to build upon in their markets.
- Managing social media, messaging and email newsletter channels:
- Implement broad social media strategies on across the WWF global brand channel to ensure that the relevant audiences are being targeted.
- Ensuring editorial alignment between channel calendars and schedules, and the annual communications plan
- Encourage growth across digital communications on the global WWF brand channels within the WWF Network of offices.
- Engage external audiences through effective and optimised use of WWF content
- Grow awareness, understanding and engagement with priority topics and messages
- Monitor, evaluate, and communicate the effectiveness and performance of channels and content
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the WWF Network around digital engagement and mobilisation; advise upon digital strategies in keeping with the changing digital landscape
- Ensure WWF maintains relevance and presence in the digital landscape
- Demonstrate best practice in deliver of the WWF brand tone of voice and personality
- Protecting WWF’s brand and reputation; developing and maintaining positive sentiment
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key agencies and freelancers
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Channel management:
- Produce, schedule and deliver the global channel schedules in coordination with
- Planning Manager and Editorial process
- Engage external audiences by sourcing and managing written and audio-visual content and optimizing its use across online channels including social media
- Working with content and editorial teams to produce and deliver weekly email newsletters
- Manage, deliver and optimise paid activity to grow audiences, convert supporters and effectively reach key audiences
- Produce social copy - optimising to demonstrate brand tone of voice, personality and to engage with key audiences
- Run testing and optimisation activities across all channels (where possible) to improve performance against KPIs and objectives
- Manage and work with suppliers, contractors and agencies, including day-to-day management of WWF International’s global social media agency
- Audience management
- Produce and deliver growth strategies across social channels
- Identify opportunities to target and segment key audiences to best deliver the right message to the right people
- Explore technological solutions to best optimise user journeys and marcomms delivery
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor and report on digital activity at WWF International, and within the WWF Network, and seek to ensure performance is optimised
- Run weekly ‘snap reports’ on performance and ensure key learnings and rapidly communicated to colleagues and stakeholders
- Ensure the KPI evaluation reporting is up to date
- Utilise social listening to aid in planning, recruitment and strategy
- Oversee input into the relevant areas of the Network Performance Overview
- Working with brand and content teams to:
- Assess performance of content
- Identify opportunities for growth or innovation - focusing on new products, trending topics or formats
- Ensure brand guidelines are up to date and relevant
- Lead, develop and manage key projects and activations
- Support and advise on crisis communication management
- Act as a digital communication expert within the Network:
- Provide tactical support to the Network for digital channel management, engagement and mobilisation, incl:
- Distributing materials reuse by the WWF network
- Assist in delivering collaboration amongst offices
- Training and promotion of best practice
Required Skills & Competencies
- A bachelors or equivalent degree in communications or other relevant fields
- Proven communications background with an overall understanding of the sector
- Experience in digital roles including channel and audience management
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external stakeholders in a regional or a global role.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven copywriting skills for a consumer audience
- Knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non- government organizations would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience coordinating and community managing branded social media, and managing social media for business (preferable iNGO sector)
- Social media strategy development and implementation
- Experience working with or as part of a creative agency
- Understanding of SEO and content marketing
- Good knowledge of on and off-line international media markets
- Experience in implementing marketing strategies to leverage the power of online media and audience engagement
- Project management experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, take the initiative
- Proof-reading experience and a good eye for detail
- Proven experience with paid promotion on social media and other digital platforms including targeting audiences and optimising for best results
- Fluency in English
- Relevant qualifications in communications, design, media, technical, or other related subjects
- AV skills and photoshop skills and experience
- People management experience
- Experience of issues and crisis management on social
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
Internal – Interacts regularly with other Communications & Marketing staff and staff of other relevant units within WWF International as well as in National Organizations and Programme Offices.
External – Interacts with partners, representatives, visitors, travel agencies, embassies, hotels etc. as required in fulfilment of duties.
How to apply:
***Read carefully ***
Please make sure to upload a single PDF document with your updated CV and Cover Letter.
Applications deadline: July 6th 2022.
Please email your single PDF document (resume & cover letter)
Kindly note work permit restrictions may apply and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.