Posted on 10 June 2022
We are looking for a full time “Policy Officer, Agriculture and Sustainable Food Systems” to join our Natural Resources Unit.
The post holder will report to the Head of Natural Resources and will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the WWF policy positions and/or strategies which aims at advocating for a sustainable agriculture and food systems in Europe. Applications of Senior policy officers working in the field of Agriculture and Sustainable Food Systems are also welcome.
Location: WWF European Policy Office, Brussels – flexi working conditionsContract duration: 12 months.
Strategy development and implementation
- Develops a joint advocacy strategy and supports the WWF communication team to develop a comprehensive public engagement/campaign strategy for achieving a “policy for a sustainable food and farming system in Europe;
- Leads and guides the implementation of the strategy and by doing so coordinates and provides policy advice to the EU agriculture and food working groups;
Fundraising and project management
- Advocates WWF recommendations directly with politicians, key decision makers and stakeholders based in Brussels in the field of agriculture and sustainable food systems;
- Represents WWF at key conferences, high level events and meetings with the European institutions and where adequate EU Member States.
- Proactively engages in fundraising to build sufficient capacity in EPO and the network;
- Carries out the activities within budget to implement the strategy.
What you need:
Required Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in the field of agriculture, food systems or related disciplines;
- At least 5 years’ experience of working on, and understanding the complexities of EU decision-making processes and/or EU political advocacy, among which at least three years’ experiences working on EU legislation/processes related to agriculture and food systems;
- Preferably practical experience at farm level;
- Excellent analytical, lobby, advocacy and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to act as organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives, experience in interacting with business would be a strong advantage;
- Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences working proficiency in other languages would be an asset;
- A firm commitment to WWF’s values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
Candidates with more than 5 years of related experience and skills are welcome to apply.
How to apply?
Please send a single PDF document with your updated CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline: 24 June 2022 midnight.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.