Posted on 13 May 2022
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realisation that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.What we doWe are an independent conservation organisation, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF International in Woking, UK.
Circa £23,000 gross per year, based on full-time employment.
Fixed-term contract of 6 months
Mission of the Department
- To drive the right culture and working environment in WWF Network by ensuring embedding of our agreed network core values and standards;
- To develop the right P&C standards, policies, procedures, systems and platforms in-order to attract, develop and retain the right people for the organization;
- To create the optimal working environment in which the staff are able to perform at the highest level and hence are able to maximize their contribution towards the conservation goals.
To support the Shared Services team with all employee related administration and basic operational issues (inputting data into HRIS, updating staff changes, basic employee letters, checking and processing invoices) etc. to ensure consistency in process and to provide timely and professional services to our internal clients, and key stakeholders and to ensure that the Shared Services function is viewed as a centre of excellence..
- Update employee data in HRIS, ensure all information is correct and kept updated.
- Reconcile HRIS information and identify gaps, cross check contractual elements when necessary.
- Coordinate shared services logistics/meetings i.e. Hub generalists and non-hub local HR discussions.
- Prepare basic presentations/statistics on Shared Services topics as requested.
- Administrate and ensure timely support, of basic employee requests/information as required.
- Process invoices and liaise with finance department as required.
- Support and act as a backup to the Specialist Shared Services and assist with ad hoc tasks, as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Commercial diploma;
- Experience working in an administrative capacity in a complex global environment with multiple demanding stakeholders - ideally within a HR function.
- HRIS knowledge desirable.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational, administrative, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong proactive customer focus;
- Comfortable working virtually across time zones.
- Team player and ability to take initiative;
- Patient and able to deal with ambiguity, fast- paced and constantly shifting situations;
- Diplomacy and ability to deal with demanding individuals and confidential issues;
- Ability to build relationships and foster effective communication; both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of social media tools, online learning tools;
- Attention to detail and basic Excel skills.
- Ideally some knowledge of GDPR regulations.
- Fluent English, other languages advantageous
- Interest in conservation and WWF's work;
- Identify and align with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity Respect & Collaboration.
How to apply
Only one single document can be uploaded through LinkedIn
. Upload your covering letter and CV as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Cover Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 22nd May.
Kindly note work permit restrictions may apply and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.