- Replanting 3,000 hectares of deforested or degraded areas, mainly near urban settlements, for sustainable fuel-wood production.
- Replanting deforested or degraded areas, usually near urban settlements, to provide fuel wood.
- Supply of sustainable fuel wood from these plantations will reduce pressure on natural forests.
- Increase awareness of, and educate, people at different levels on sustainable use of all types of energy;
- Identify (in the sites where WWF works) potential zones suitable for reforestation activities (to provide fuelwood for cities);
- Together with the State Departments involved (Environment, Forests and Tourism, Energy and Mines), develop a reforestation plan;
- Train model farmers to establish and maintain tree nurseries;
- Develop and implement a management plan for the reforestation schemes (ie. forests where reforestation activities take place);
- Participate in regional, national and international events on reforestation for energy.