The conference gathered all stakeholders and policy actors operating at strategic levels within the EU, including delegates from national ministries and agencies, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations, academia, and the fisheries sector.
The objective of the meeting were:
1. to contribute to the debate by shedding light on the various aspects, advantages and challenges of regionalisation;
2. to showcase examples of innovative as well as successful regional fisheries management approaches that ensures environmental objectives are met in order to deliver economic and social sustainability.
PresentationsClick on the speaker's name to download their presentation as a PDF.
Experience from the USA national level• Laura Cantral, Meridian Institute
• Lee Crockett, Pew Environment Group
• Paul Parker, Cape Cod Commercial Hook Fishermen’s Association
Experience from local EU level• Simon Woodsworth, Languedoc-Roussillon Regional Council
• António Garcia Allut, Lonxanet Foundation for Sustainable Fisheries
• Andrew Brown, Marine Scotland
Experience from the international level• Katarzyna Kaminska, Polish Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Fisheries Department
• Stephan Lutter, WWF