Making the switch
WWF is working to mainstream these efficient, affordable and reliable energies that support economic development and sustainable lifestyles.
Although largely neglected, the easiest and cheapest way to reduce energy consumption is by improving efficiency at home and in the office, such as by:
Making smart decisions
- Buying energy-efficient appliances
- Requiring standards for energy-efficient building construction and design
Energy from fossil fuels must be left behind. The world needs to think about smart energy for people and nature to live in harmony.
- Improving energy efficiency
- Accelerating the development of low-emissions technologies
- Replacing high-carbon coal with low-carbon gas
- Equipping fossil fuel plants with carbon capture and storage technology