Posted on 01 October 2019
WWF-Myanmar is looking for a Consultant for Capacity Building on Wind Powder Project Cost Analysis position to be based in Nay Pyi Taw.
Background of consultancy assignment/ project
Myanmar has a high potential to generate electricity from renewable energy sources like solar and wind. MoEE needs capacity building, technical qualifications, and technical tools to design, implement, monitor and evaluate RE programs. The main objective of this program is to increase the knowledge and capacity of MoEE on integrating renewable power into the grid. Denmark has significant experience in integrating wind power into the grid and there is an opportunity to create a twinning project, which will enable knowledge exchange and collaboration between the two countries. The project includes hands-on training, study visits, executive training, graduate level studies and close collaboration between Danish public and private sector experts and MoEE technicians and economists.
Objective of the consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to improve the capacities of MoEE officials to conduct economic analysis and cost estimation of wind power projects to support the national expansion of wind-energy. This consultancy is to build competency in targeted MoEE staff.
Scope of work/ Major responsibility
- To provide a series of focused trainings to relevant MoEE engineers on:
- Comparing and selecting of commercially available wind turbines for a predetermined capacity of wind power plants.
- Turbine layout optimization and positioning, and routing of access roads between the turbines at selected location onshore.
The consultant OR consultants supposed to deliver the following:
- A detailed work plan for the training activities and reporting
- A detailed training package
- Training completion report
The detail responsibilities and timeline are at
Closing Date: 8 October 2019 (Tuesday)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics or Science
- At least 10 years’ experience with project planning, budgeting, and construction of large-scale wind power plants (~100MW)
- Experience in providing technical training to diverse group of people
- Fluency in English and writing training and technical reports
- Knowledge of the energy sector in Myanmar or other South East Asian countries is an advantage.
Interested applicants may submit their proposal including work plan, clearly stating their fit for this position, together with expected consultancy fee (including breakdown) and CVs of the core team members to firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver to WWF-Myanmar office at 15/C Than Taman Street, Dagon Township, Yangon not later than 11 October 2019
For additional information or clarification, you can email to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.