Posted on 10 August 2018
WWF International in Woking, Uk
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Generalist, Hub HR
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Woking, Uk
Annual gross salary between £35,318.00- £38,000
Fixed-term contract from October 1st 2018 until October 31st 2019.
Mission of the Department:
- To embed the desired behaviours in all key HR processes across the organization
- To develop the right HR standards, policies, procedures and platforms in-order to attract, develop and retain the right people for the organization
- To create the optimal working environment in which the staff are able to perform at the highest level and hence are able to maximize their contribution towards the conservation goals
- To drive the WWF network towards common approach to people development, global mobility, leadership development, rewards philosophy and gender diversity
- To provide efficient and effective HR services to WWF International
Manages the employee life cycle (hiring to exit) of all secretariat staff in the hub location. Ensures all WWF International HR policies and procedures are being applied in the hub location. Supports Practice core teams as when required on HR issues.
- Support all hub Secretariat staff in employee life cycle issues (hiring to exit)
- Administer recruitments (advertising to appointing) in the hub and as when requested of Practice core teams in the region
- Act as a point of contact for employee relations queries and ensures re-direction to the right team member at WWF International HR team
- Support hub staff in providing induction into the organization
- Play critical role in ensuring HRIS maintainence and training of hub staff in various modules
- Ensure all employee information in hubs is regularly provided to WWF International HR team
- Partcipates actively in Global HR community
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head of HR Services
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Commercial diploma or university degree
- Proven experience in an international environment
- Experience working in Recruitment and general HR
- Experience in UK labour law and employee relations
- Strong customer focus
- Team player and ability to take initiative
- Diplomacy and ability to deal with a variety of situations and confidential issues
- Ability to build relationships and foster effective communication
- Good organizational, administrative, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools, online learning tools
- Strong command of English
- Interest in conservation and WWF's work
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
How to apply?
Upload as one file
your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications:
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.