WWF-Greater Mekong: Technical Advisor (Green Economy)
The Greater Mekong region is one of the biologically richest places on the planet; its varied natural resources support the livelihoods and well-being of millions of people in mainland Southeast Asia. WWF-Greater Mekong (GM) – on the ground in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam – is working to conserve the region’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Greater Mekong is looking for an experienced Green Economy Technical Advisor. The Green Economy Technical Advisor will lead the development, coordination, and implementation of WWF-Greater Mekong’s green economy strategic initiative and ensure that it contributes to delivery of key objectives of the WWF-Greater Mekong Strategic Plan. S/He is also responsible for ensuring WWF-Greater Mekong’s preparation and engagement in the Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development is strategic and supports the aspirations of the region’s citizens and leaders.
Base location: Cambodia or Vietnam
- Master’s degree or other relevant qualification in natural resource or environmental economics or related fields
- Expert knowledge in green economy
- 5 years of practical experience as Chief Technical Advisor for a programme or project with focus on application of economic tools and analyses in conservation and/or sustainable natural resources management in developing countries – especially in Southeast Asia
- Experience in managing programmes/large projects funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of 1-2 millions USD
- Experience in coordinating/working with diverse international teams in multi cultural environment
- Experience in engaging high-level government officials
- Experience in proposal writing for large projects
- Experience on social/community development work and/or policy advocacy would be an advantage
How to apply:
Detailed Job Description for this position can be found at WWF’s website: www.panda.org/jobs. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and stating the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
Deadline: 22nd November 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”