Mekong Delta Landscape Manager, VietnamWWF is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost 5 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF-Vietnam is one country component of the WWF Greater Mekong and is the implementing arm for projects in Vietnam mainly in Central Annamites, Southern Annamites and the Mekong Delta. Our major activities focus on Freshwater, Forestry, Marine and Aquaculture, Agriculture and Agroforestry, Policy and Advocacy.
We are currently seeking for well-qualified and experienced candidate for full-time position MEKONG DELTA LANDSCAPE MANAGER, based in Ho Chi Minh or Can Tho city
The Landscape Manager (LM) plays the leading role in the planning, coordination, and management of the WWF effort to conserve Vietnam’s Mekong Delta Landscape. LM is responsible for all aspects of this work, including the planning, management, financial, and administrative aspects of the landscape programme. LM organizes project execution consistent with programme objectives engaging national counterparts and building reputation for quality design and reliable delivery
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or in relevant fields;
• Qualification in Project Management;
• 5 years of practical experience in leading and managing programme or project, 2 years of which should be in the related landscape;
• Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of multi millions USD;
• Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and international organisations;
• Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Vietnam and in the landscape in charge;
• Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the notfor-profit sector in the landscape;
• Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations;
• Proven in people management, coaching and capacity building/development, as well as project proposal development, financial management;
• Good interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization; Excellent English skills;
The detailed TOR of the positions and requirement is posted on www.panda.org/greatermekong.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV and available degrees and qualifications in English to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31 July, 2013.
-WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce-