- The United States and China are the greatest contributors of greenhouse gasses.
- Catastrophic climate change can still be avoided if global temperatures increase less than 2ºC above pre-industrial levels.
- Over the past 100 years the global average temperature has gone up by 0.74ºC.
- The hottest years on record have occurred since 1990.
- The ice of the Arctic sea has diminished to its lowest recorded levels.
- WWF estimates that 2/3 of the polar bear population will disappear by 2050. (Source: panda.org/climate)
© WWF / Adam OSWELL