WWF began its activities in Armenia since 2002 and as of November 2006, WWF-Armenia has been registered as an official branch of WWF International as a part of WWF Caucasus Programme Office.
- Developing and strengthening protected areas (PAs) of Armenia (reserves, national parks, sanctuaries, etc.)
- Conservation of threatened species
- Conservation and restoration of ecosystems
- Mitigation of and adaptation to climate change
- Introduction of economic mechanisms for alternative livelihood for local communities in order to promote sustainable use of natural resources and to protect biodiversity
- Supporting environmental awareness and education
One of the main priorities of WWF-Armenia is conservation of endangered species such as Caucasian leopard, Armenian mouflon, Bezoar goat, Brown bear, etc.
Over the past 10 years WWF has undertaken considerable efforts to assess the status of the Caucasian leopard in the Caucasus. Together with key stakeholders WWF developed the Regional Strategy and the National Action Plan for leopard conservation and started its implementation.