Posted on 14 September 2016
The WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative is seeking an experienced communications and marketing professional to support its work in the Mediterranean basin. The Marketing and Communications Manager will develop and implement communications strategies to achieve conservation, communications and revenue gains for WWF in the Mediterranean.
The Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI) involves 7 WWF offices (European Policy Office, WWF-Spain, WWF-Italy, WWF-Mediterranean, WWF-Greece, WWF-France and WWF-Turkey) under a Programme Implementation Agreement and a joint conservation strategy. The MMI has a light coordination structure, with a decision-making team (Shareholder Group) formed by CEOs and Conservation Director and a Leadership Team formed by a Director, and 2 managers (communication and policy).
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager
who will lead Mediterranean Marine Initiative communications in the Mediterranean and globally, developing and coordinating a communications and marketing strategy to support the Initiative and its offices.
Preferred location: Rome (Italy), with the possibility of being hosted by the MMI Offices in France, Greece, Turkey or Spain.
- Lead WWF’s marketing and communications work for the Mediterranean Marine Initiative.
- Develop and implement strategies with a view to achieving WWF’s long-range conservation goals in the Mediterranean.
- Ensure integration, alignment and scaling-up of relevant marketing and communications strategies of all MMI Offices.
- Highlight the MMI profile and actions within the Global WWF Network as well as externally to existing and new partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with WWF offices, other NGOs, media and other stakeholders on major strategic communications and campaigning issues.
- Support and, where necessary, lead project and funding proposal development.
Required qualifications, skills and competencies
- At least 10 years’ experience in an international or European organization in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or campaigning.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing or coordinating a small to medium-sized team and coordinating wider teams of peers.
- Knowledge of and experience of Mediterranean culture, values and society.
- Familiarity with major environmental and conservation issues.
- Proven track record of developing and successfully implementing marketing, communications, and advocacy strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize and create messages, tools and approaches which link programme and conservation issues with different audiences interests.
- Capacity to translate sophisticated conservation, science and policy projects into compelling communications opportunities.
- Solid experience in main communications fields – media, web, social media, events, publications, visual communications (photos and videos), advertising, campaigning, communications partnerships.
- Experience in project design and management.
- Proficiency in English and preferably in French. Any other Mediterranean language considered an asset.
- Ability to travel throughout the Mediterranean and Europe.
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
To apply please send your CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information contact: Giuseppe Di Carlo (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications: October 31, 2016
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.