Posted on 23 January 2023
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Head of Freshwater Programme based in Yangon, Myanmar.
WWF, an independent conservation organization, works to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. Working with others, WWF urgently seeks to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
As a country of major ecological importance, and recognizing that the environment in which people live is essential for health, wellbeing and recovery from the crisis, WWF is more committed than ever to continue its work in Myanmar. We are now seeking an experienced, dedicated, and strategic professional to lead our Freshwater programme and keep Myanmar’s rivers free-flowing.
Find out more at www.wwf.org.mm
The Head of Freshwater Programme is responsible for the leadership, strategic development, management, and resourcing necessary to implement the strategies of WWF-Myanmar’s freshwater programme.
are Programme Development and Implementation, Leadership, Management and Coordination, Fundraising, Communication and Networking, Project Development and Implementation, Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting, Strategic synergies with Myanmar and International teams.
The job description with detailed major responsibilities can be downloaded here
- Master’s degree in water resource management, environmental or conservation management, development studies, or in a related relevant field;
- Qualification in programme and project management;
- Thorough understanding of water, socio-economic, hydropower, conservation and development issues in Myanmar;
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to freshwater management in Myanmar;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fundraising, donor strategies, functions, and international relations;
- At least 7 years of practical experience in leading and managing freshwater management and freshwater-related conservation initiatives, at least 3 years of which should be in Myanmar/Southeast Asia/Asia;
- At least 5 years of advocacy experience, preferably in Asia;
- Proven experience of managing freshwater related projects and programmes funded by a diversity of sources including aid agencies, private sector donors;
- Strong people management skills including planning, motivating and coaching team members, building capacity and supporting professional development;
Closing Date: 7 February 2023 (Tuesday)
- Delivering quality outcomes and very good financial management skills;
- Networking, building working relationships with various stakeholders;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Myanmar language is an advantage;
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org
or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Your fullname.
WWF do not discriminate the applicants based on race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. ALL are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.