Posted on 18 January 2023
LOCATION: Zeist, Vienna, Woking, Nairobi
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Location: Woking (UK) Zeist (The Netherlands), Nairobi (Kenya), Vienna (Austria)
Work percentage: 100%
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Global Operations & Risk Division exists to To enable WWF mission delivery through continuous pursuit of the optimum balance between efficiency and effectiveness with respect to internal systems, tools and processes. This is achieved via a delivery of a high standard of: strategic financial management; effective digital solutions, proactive risk management; quality guidance, advice and communication of both regulatory and internal standards and requirements.
The Finance department administers internal systems, tools and processes while seeking to deliver a high standard of strategic financial management.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team provides guidance and solutions to optimise the utilisation of financial resources for WWF-International via the interpretation, analysis and dissemination of financial data to support informed decision making.
- Coordinates Budgeting cycle (fiscal year ending 30 June) and forecasting processes over portfolio of operating units
- Prepares various financial analysis and reports in support of decision making
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Budgeting Development Processes
- Contribute to continuous improvements to Budget guidelines, instructions and templates
- Coordinate budgeting building process for selected Budget/Cost centres and operating units (including Country Offices)
- Provides Business partner support to budget owners to enable the preparation of realistic budgets in line with WWF International Budgeting policies and procedures.
- Conduct detailed reviews of Budgets as needed
- Supports the processes enabling senior management and governance level reviews and approval of budgets
- Supports Budget/Cost centres and operating units to regularly monitor performance against budget and prepare quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinates the quarterly review of performance against KPIs and escalates key issues relating to budgetary control to the line manager or relevant budget holders
Aggregation, analysis and reporting
- Produces the Consolidated budget and analyses for management review and approval.
- Prepares management reports and dashboards highlighting important trends for Senior Management and Governance purposes
Systems and tools
- Maintains the standardised systems or tools to support budgeting, forecasting and aggregation and analysis of budget information;
- Leads the design, development, and roll-out of improvements or upgrades of the Budgeting systems and tools.
- Supports the development of financial Modelling tools for decision support.
- Provides technical support to Budget units and teams to optimise the budget tools and or systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial analysis and reporting experience is essential;
- Accounting Qualification, e.g. ACCA, CPA,
Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced proficiency using business intelligence tools (i.e. Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) and Budget systems (i.e. Vena) for analysing, interpreting and reporting on financial information for diverse audiences
- Strong knowledge of financial issues, including financial reporting, controls, and budgeting;
- Prior NGO experience advantage;
- Comfort and demonstrable experience working in a multicultural environment with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with improving and implementing new processes and systems;
- Embraces the WWF mission and values: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
- Partners with budget owners and finance staff across a range of geographic locations
- Builds and presents analysis, reports and dashboards to senior managers and relevant finance staff
- Liaise with internal Technology teams to optimise the use of systems and tools in support of progressive data management objectives
- Occasional, Less frequent contact with donors, external auditors and consultants
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to upload a single PDF file with your CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
We encourage early applications. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: by February 5th 2023
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.