Posted on 04 September 2020
Location: Gland (Switzerland) or Vienna (Austria)
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Location: Gland (Switzerland) or Vienna (Austria)
Closing Date: October 11th (Midnight CET)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, and strategic direction for WWF International Finance, Performance, Quality Assurance, Risk & ICT divisions;
- Gives strategic financial and investment advice to the Director General and the Board for WWF International and the broader WWF Network;
- Implements prudent long-term business and financial contingency planning;
- Leads a strategic approach to financial and operational risk management across all of WWF International’s legal entities, and ensures effective Quality Assurance and risk management strategies are in place, in consultation with the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee. (ARCC);
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, presents regular reviews of the financial, performance impact, and Quality Assurance risk status of WWF International to the Director General along with strategic recommendations for improvement;
- Discussion of areas of responsibility as and when required to Network Executive Team (NET) and the International Board;
- Develops and maintains liaison with appropriate representatives of WWF National Organizations to coordinate the effective use of funds, particularly in relation to WWF programme activities worldwide;
- Oversees the strategic perspective for integrated performance management to ensure it is driving higher performance impact and results;
- Ensures robust internal controls are in place in all WWF International entities, identifies all areas of risk and takes action to mitigate, and ensures the health of WWF International reserves;
- Accountable for reporting of financial information, and acts as a strategic partner to provide vision, solutions and recommendations to the Finance & Investment Committee (FIC) and the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee (ARCC);
- Accountable for management of the cash flow, management of the reserves, management of global balance, management of sale of major assets, and management of major legacies;
- Ensures enforcement of the WWF investment guidelines across the network;
- With the Finance Directors of Secretariat and Country Offices, ensures effective budget management and oversee investments and reserves;
- With the Director, Performance, Quality Assurance & Risk, ensures impact measurement of WWF Network performance at global, country and initiative level and ensures the implementation of Risk Management and Quality Assurance frameworks in WWF International and across the Network;
- Responsible for implementing, refining and acting upon agreed performance indicators;
- With the Global ICT Director, ensures WWF International continuously strives towards being a leading digital workplace while demonstrating cost effectiveness and compliance, ensuring a strategic suite of technology solutions and services;
- Provides strategic vision and continuously strives for new innovations and approaches for WWF International’s ICT;
- Facilitates and leads discussions across the Network communities around Finance, Performance, Quality Assurance, Risk and ICT for integration and cohesion in supporting maximum conservation impact;
- Excellent understanding of social policies and safeguards;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director General.
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields, or equivalent work experience; (CFA, CPA, MBA, CRM desirable);
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role within a complex, matrixed global organization, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in quality assurance, risk management and performance metric assessment;
- Experience of managing investment strategies and liabilities, capital structure and knowledge of regulatory trends;
- Fluency in English is essential. Other languages would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership/managerial skills, ability to drive change and organisational culture;
- Demonstrates strategic foresight and global systems thinking approach;
- Strong political, inter-personal and negotiation skills and appreciation of culturally diverse perspectives;
- Excellent proven track record of effective financial management and executive decision making;
- Prior experience of engaging and working with Public Sector Partners;
- High credibility and excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrable understanding of major technology trends and how they might be applied in a complex global organization;
- Superior ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals across a range of cultural environments;
- Ability to motivate, delegate to and manage staff for maximum efficiency;
- Passion for and some knowledge of conservation and sustainability issues;
- Works to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality; excellent understanding of social policies and safeguards;
- Clearly demonstrates behaviors aligned to the culture of WWF: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Internal –Interacts regularly with members of WWF International Senior Management Team, Finance & Investment Committee, Audit Risk & Compliance Committee, Network Executive Team, and Network CFOs/COOs and other senior Network staff; interacts as appropriate with WWF International Board and WWF Council.
- External – High level contacts with peers from other international organisations, businesses, government officials and any other key stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
WWF International for this critical role is partnering with OxfordHR.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the link "https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/executive-director-finance-quality-assurance/" at the top right of the page in the "Related Links" section. This will redirect you to the application webpage of OxfordHR.
It is Oxford HR policy to respond to any application or mail. If you applied for this and have not received an acknowledgement of your application within 72 hours, please contact the relevant inquiry address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
As an organisation, WWF encourages fair employment practices worldwide and offers equal opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of gender, colour, race, ethnicity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, political or religious belief.