Posted on 17 July 2020
WWF European Policy Office (EPO) is looking for a consultant to roll-out a project that aims at increasing asset owner climate action in France. The project will run from August 2020 to November 2021.
There is a growing conviction amongst various actors in the finance industry of the need and feasibility to align investments with the Paris climate goals. The UN-convened net zero asset owner alliance (henceforth ‘NZAOA’), most notably, is bringing together asset owners that commit to ‘transitioning their investment portfolios to net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 consistent with a maximum temperature rise of 1.5°C above pre-industrial temperatures’. WWF is a strategic partner to the NZAOA, and is engaging asset owners to join and actively contribute to its work.
WWF-EPO aims to work with a consultant to deploy an inside-outside strategy to increase sign-on to the NZAOA in France. The consultant’s main responsibilities will be the following
- Organize workshop(s) and webinar(s) on portfolio alignment, the NZAOA.
- Engage bilaterally with asset owners and relevant platforms.
- Explore how asset managers could participate in the NZAOA and help translate the net zero commitments at the asset manager level.
- Communicate the level of interest and potential of asset owners in entering the NZAOA in detail to WWF.
- Develop a communication campaign aiming at informing asset owners and other market stakeholders towards the NZAOA and strongly encourage them to join.
- Coordinate as much as possible with other NGOs.
- Develop educational communication materials and implement a communication plan.
What you need:
- The successful applicant will have a good understanding of the finance sector, and notably the role of asset owners within the financial value chain.
- S/he will ideally also have a good understanding of how financial actors can integrate climate change in their investment process, as well as established contacts within the French financial world.
- Fluency in French and English is required
How to apply?