Mission of the Department:
To ensure the effective management and control of finances through
timely and accurate financial planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting; to ensure compliance
with Swiss legal requirements as a result of head office location. To provide guidance and support
to the NET, the Network and Practice Leaders on finance related matters. Leads and steers the
Finance Community of Practice, and provides best practice guidance and specialist financial
support to Network finance practitioners.
Leads in the consolidation of WWF Programme Offices and preparation and
filing of the statutory financial statements. Ensures timely and accurate submission of quarterly
VAT returns. Responsible for the reconciliation of different revenue scenarios under SWISS
GAAP FER. Carries out special projects concerning VAT and Swiss GAAP FER.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculates, reviews and posts month and quarter end entries in Oracle E-business Suite (e.g. revaluation of foreign currency balances for WWF International, allocation of indirect costs etc.);
- Provides support and training to preparers and regional reviewers of consolidation reporting packages, to ensure compliance with WWF’s accounting policies and procedures;
- Reviews month end and year-end trial balances, financial data and reports from Country and Programme Offices and prepares consolidation adjustments as necessary;
- Global Subject Matter Expert on accounting for revenue under Swiss GAAP FER (researching,documenting procedures, testing Oracle functionality, training Regional Subject Matter Experts, helpdesk);
- Prepares and follows up on reconciliations between Oracle Grants and General Ledger modules (income, expenditure, unbilled receivables)Calculates, enters in Oracle General Ledger and publishes FX rates for all Programme Offices;
- Coordinates timely collection of information required for accounting of income and accruals (ST/LT accrued and deferred income) for WWF International and the reconciliation of relevant accounts;
- Prepares and submits quarterly reports to the Swiss National Bank for Current Account Survey;
- Updates & ensures compliance with the Internal Control System (“ICS”) and liaises with auditors for the processes under own responsibility;
- Back up for Oracle GL Super User;
- Prepares the annual financial accounts under SWISS GAAP FER and Swiss COL (including manual consolidation of WWF International, POs and associated Organizations under the supervision of the Manager, Financial Accounting;
- Filing of audited financial statements and communication with Swiss authorities;
- Carries out other duties, as and when required, at the request of the Manager, Financial Accounting.
Required Skills and Competencies
- An university degree in finance / accounting;
- Management information systems and reporting tools;
- Five to ten years’ experience of accounting and reporting, ideally within an international group of companies, including the supervision of staff.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Offic
e, financial software;
- Knowledge of Oracle and financial reporting systems (Noetix) an advantage;
- Aptitude for clear and concise oral and written communication;
- An interest in conservation;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are:Knowledgeable,Optimistic,Determined&Engaging.
–Close contact with key users of the consolidated financial database and reports,
including other departments at WWF International and finance staff at WWF regional and country
–Works closely with software consultants, VAT advisors and external auditors.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
***Read carefully ***
Only one single document can be uploaded through this platform. Upload your covering letter and CV as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 11 August 2020.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.