Posted on 29 November 2019
Location: WWF Gland, Switzerland
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Senior Specialist, Shared Services & Payroll
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Location: WWF International in Gland, Switzerland.
Contract type: Fixed-term contract of seven months (February – August 2020).
Mission of the Department:
• To advise and support leaders in creating a culture of collaboration, innovation and results focus in WWF;
• To embed the desired behaviours in all key HR processes across the organization;
• To develop the right HR standards, policies, procedures and platforms in-order to attract, develop and retain the right people for the organization;
• To create the optimal working environment in which the staff are able to perform at the highest level and hence are able to maximize their contribution towards the conservation goals;
• To drive the WWF network towards common approach to people development, global mobility, leadership development, rewards philosophy and gender diversity;
• To provide efficient and effective HR services to WWF International.
Major Functions: Ensures high service level and coordination of the Global Employment Payroll model for the Secretariat staff. Focal point for external 3rd partners (SOS, Health, insurances, etc) of HR administration for WWF International, the payroll for local staff in Gland and coordination with Global payroll partner in regional hubs and other various locations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Global Employment Payroll Service model in line with structure
• Be the interface between internal (26 offices) & external provider & employee relationship (staff members 270 employees)
• Manage the project in close collaboration with the external provider: follow up of the project, implementation and set-up of new countries, discussion on level support provided to the staff, when needed discussion with the provider on the approach needed for each situation (tax implication, maternity leave, local legal requirements, etc.)
• Management of questions related to the budget (work orders, out of scope approval, discussion on the fees, invoices, with the provider)
• Work on specific projects related to countries
• Assess the current model, costs analysis cross countries
• Be the focal point for all staff with global contracts for all question linked to legal or payroll advice
• Provide daily HR guidance to managers and employees
• New comers’ inductions
Payroll Coordination – Swiss and overseas
• Be the Payroll Coordinator and liaise with our external payroll provider, for our hosted staff cross 16 countries.
• Ensure that payroll data changes are collected and delivered from different offices on time, results provided are accurate and payments are done
• Work on the monthly Payroll review (checks, feedback to external provider, review with Head HR services, upload payment files on e-banking)
• Ensure that all monthly and yearly statements are provided by the payroll provider and delivered to staff.
• Ensure that 3rd parties reports (employer tax, social securities, etc) are provided and that payments are done, including reconciliations.
• Liaise with the finance department (accounting files, payments, etc.);
HRIS administration from a business point of view
• Work in close contact with the Project Manager on different topics (ensuring the system is working properly, work on reports to provide to other teams, KPIs, etc.)
• Manage the absence management module: absence tracking, ensure compliance to the policies, communication to staff and managers, reports, trainings when required
• Extract monthly reports or uploads (salary updates, payslips, etc.)
• Ensure first level support: reply to all staff queries linked to the absence module
• Project management for new tools to improve the duty of care,
• Focal point for internal HR communities regarding global coverage, health, travel, and pension
• Work on the employee’s enrolment to various plans and insurance (pension, health insurance, etc.)
• Coordination and follow up of cases when needed (Travel and medical insurance)
• Provide guidance on specific cases to managers and employees
• Work on a tender for current contracts in place if needed
• Commercial diploma or equivalent with an emphasis on project management in HR areas.;
• 5-8 years of experience as an HR Specialist in an international environment
• Ideally previous experience in Payroll Coordination
• Used to work in an International environment and remotely handling distributed staff in various locations globally.;
Required Skills and Competencies
• Used to work with virtual teams at Internal level, in a complex organization
• Service-oriented and flexible;
• Problem solving skills
• Used to work with virtual teams at Internal level
• “Certificate RH” is a great asset Proactive nature
• Team player;
• Analytical skills;
• Absolute discretion;
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• French and fluent English mandatory);
• Interest in conservation and WWF's work;
• Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
Internal - Provide local expertise on matters to the HR team with Finance department –, liaise with IT department.
External - Interact with the Swiss authorities, insurance companies, global payroll partner and any other providers
All candidates applying to WWF International should have a genuine interest in conservation and the work of WWF and be able to clearly demonstrate behaviours aligned to our culture within WWF: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
How to apply?
***Read carefully *** Only one single document can be uploaded through this platform.
Upload as one file
your covering letter and CV. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 16 December 2019.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.