Posted on 14 November 2019
TENDER NOTICE Ref.15: Consultancy for reviewing, assessment, and support for the establishment and operationalization of Village Development Funds (VDFs) in target Carbi II villages
TENDER NOTICE Ref.15:
Consultancy for review, assessment, and support for the establishment and operationalization of Village Development Funds (VDFs) in target Carbi II villages
The Carbon and Biodiversity Project (CarBi II) is implemented by WWF through KfW, and part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) support this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag. This is one of the priority conservation programmes in the Central Annamites Landscape, which holds one of the biggest contiguous natural forests in continental Asia, constituting a reservoir of rich and unique biodiversity.
CarBi II project will be implemented over a 5-year period (2019 – 2024) by WWF-Vietnam and Laos. Key partners of the project in Vietnam are the provincial Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, Forest Protection Departments, Saola Nature Reserves, Bach Ma National Park and the authorities, communities of participating districts of around 100 villages in four districts Dong Giang, Tay Giang in Quang Nam province, and A Luoi, Nam Dong in Thua Thien Hue province.
Improved community-based forest protection measures and agriculture-based livelihood enhancement interventions are necessary to generate alternative livelihood opportunities and decrease incentives for illegal exploitation of natural resources. These interventions would contribute to the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of ecosystems and biodiversity in the Central Annamites. Several incentive models are being applied in Vietnam, combining local conservation commitment and promoting sustainable livelihood development in selected priority villages where there are high pressures and negative impacts on protected areas.
In pursuance of the optimal community-based forest protection model, CarBi II is interested in exploring all appropriate and functionally effective Village Development Fund (VDF) models in Vietnam for potential application in target CarBi II villages.
1. Procuring agency:
2. Name of bid:
Ref 15. Consultancy for review, assessment, and support for the establishment and operationalization of Village Development Funds (VDFs) in target Carbi II villages
3. KfW’s procurement number of the procured contract:
4. Scope of work:
The scope of work of the service provider will include but not limited to the followings:
5. Method of consultant selection:
- Study the current VDF mechanisms, systems, procedures, protocols and practices in Vietnam (JICA, Kfw 10, Kfw 8, GIZ, BCC, PFES, etc…) and in the Carbi II project sites specifically.
- Conduct a detailed village consultation process for around 30 selected CarBi II villages in Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam to ensure robust participation in the VDF planning and preparatory process
- Propose feasible VDF model to apply in Carbi II villages, with clear recommendations and action plan, including M&E regime
national competitive bidding (NCB)
6. Bidding procedure:
Single-stage, two-envelope (not applied for e-proposals)
7. Proposal submission deadline:
10:00 AM (Hanoi time) 4th December 2019
8. Proposal opening time:
11:00 AM (Hanoi time) 4th December 2019
9. All sealed proposals must clearly indicate the tender reference: “Ref 15: Consultancy for reviewing, assessment, and support for the establishment and operationalization of Village Development Funds (VDFs) in target CarBi II villages”
The proposal could be sent via post at: WWF-Vietnam
Add: #6, lane 18 Nguyen Co Thach Street, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi
Attn: Ms. Nguyen Thi Thuy, Procurement Admin Officer
OR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late bids will be declared invalid.