Posted on 25 April 2019
WWF Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Financial Analyst
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature through a number of environmental management programmes, is seeking for a competent and highly motivated Financial Analyst, to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the directives of the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst’s responsibilities will be as follows:
Program budgets management
- Provide overall financial management duties to the TCO Finance office
- Provide hands on support to the Head of Finance team on all financial and operational issues to ensure effective management of the TCO Programs and projects.
- Oversee implementation of donor and WWF’s operational policies, procedures standards and systems including budget management, financial reporting, and audits.
Financial management and accounting
- Assist in Preparation and Review all project budgets/ Forecast before submission to donors.
- Preparation of program budgets/forecasts for SIDA leading the change program, SIDA regional program, WWF UK funding, Sustainable Investment program and TCO OD program
- Preparation of TCO core budget
Contracts & Grants management
- Playing a leading role in preparation and ensure timely submission of all financial reports for review and approval to Head of Finance for further submission to donors and other partners as per respective contracts.
- Preparation of donor reports for SIDA leading the change program, SIDA regional program, WWF UK funding, Sustainable Investment program and TCO OD program
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Establish and maintain contracts database for the assigned programs
- Manage program incoming and outgoing contracts/grants
- Ensure that all contracts & grants are timely and properly developed
A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field; Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage;
Three to five years of working with financial/accounting systems experience in a major International organisation/NGO i.e. USAID accounting; Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and Systems in the context of an international NGO but private sector experience will be equally considered; Good knowledge of fund accounting (including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral Aid Agencies); Hands-on knowledge of the major ERP softwares would be a distinct advantage; Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/
. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager through email@example.com
by Friday, 10th May 2019 at 4:30 pm
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is an equal opportunity organization