Posted on 31 January 2019
WWF Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Care WWF Alliance Programme Manager
The CARE-WWF Alliance is seeking a competent and motivated CARE –WWF Alliance Programme Manager for its office in Tanzania, based in Dar es Salaam.
Under the direction of the CARE-Tanzania and WWF-Tanzania Country Directors, and working closely with the Tanzania Alliance Country Team, Global Alliance Team, and with the WWF Practices and CARE technical groups, and external partners in the public, civil society and private sectors the core responsibilities of the Programme Manager are as follows.
· Provide leadership in the development of the Alliance Programme’s vision, strategic plan and implementation plan and ensure alignment between Country and Global teams;
Representation & Advocacy
· Represent the Alliance in events relevant to the Alliance’s Programme organized by the Government of Tanzania, donor organizations, community leaders, private sector companies, the research community, national civil society, and counterpart/NGO representatives as needed; and participate in Local, District, Regional and international meetings as required;
· Facilitate the coordination of the Alliance Programme’s Country and Global team’s development of a fund raising strategy and the convening and building a coalition of donors and other partners to design a long term comprehensive fund raising plan.
Project administration & management
· Develop project concepts, implement Alliance management procedures, oversee timely preparation and execution of budgets and work plans, manage contracts (in collaboration with CARE & WWF recruitment offices) and ensure timely, high quality reporting to donors and Alliance senior management according to procedures and timelines established.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
At least 15 years of experience and demonstrated success in: engaging in multi-stakeholder processes that includes a diverse and large number of stakeholders across different sectors; developing partnerships including with the private sector; promoting an inclusive green growth agenda managing projects; and working with diverse teams.
Candidate Profile - Essential (E) and Desirable (D)
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (E)
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience including programme management (E)
- Proven experience in addressing inclusive (e.g. gender equality, pro-poor) and green (e.g. climate resilience and adaptation, water and land management, biodiversity conservation) agricultural growth in programme approaches (E)
- Proven high level writing and analytical skills in English (E)
- Advanced oral communication skills and ability engage political stakeholders and donors research, and policy institutions (E)
- Ability to work as a self-starter and part of a global team (E)
- Experience in and understanding of Tanzanian agriculture and natural resources issues (E)
- Experience in programme design, resource mobilization, working with multiple partners and facilitating a network approach (E)
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through web address: http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/ . Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, via email to:email@example.com by Friday, 08th February 2019 at 4:30 pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. .