Posted on 16 January 2019
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries and have been working in the Congo Basin since 1978.
In Gabon, WWF has been active for more than 20 years, with field conservation programs in Gabon and Congo segments if the TRIDOM landscape as well as in the Gabon segment of the Gamba-Conkouati Landscape. WWF Gabon furthermore has crosscutting extractive industries & mining as well as forestry programs.
We are looking for an Office Supervisor who will be accountable for assuming overall responsibility for
Implementation program activities related to wildlife protection as part of the ProLab (Anti-Poaching Program) initiatives of the South Program in its 2019-2021 phase and act as a reference person. He is in charge of Office management and partners according to the laws in force and the procedures of the WWF.
WWF-Gabon is looking for an Office Supervisor in Mandji with the following main missions:
Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with stakeholders involved in the protection of wildlife in private concessions, including administrations, technical and financial partners (private sector including within the WWF), national and international organizations and the local populations concerned; Ensure the local and national development of these initiatives in line with the national conservation strategy of Gabon Office and the current regional bio-monitoring strategy.
What you need:
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 3 years of professional experience in conducting studies in connection with the major technical topics attached to the position, including the collection, management and analysis of data, the organization of missions (budget, logistics, equipment), the low-budget management, supervision of trainees and consultants;
- Capabilities :
- Strong scientific rigor, attention to detail and good analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and respect of deadlines;
- Good writing skills in French and English;
- Level of English sufficient for the understanding of the technical and scientific documents and the oral and written conversation (mail);
- Mastery of basic computer tools (word, excel, multimedia);
- Mastery of database and GIS management software. Good knowledge of SMART software would be a plus;
- Mastery of navigation tools and data collection;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Availability to make trips to Gabon or possibly abroad;
- Passionate about the conservation of biodiversity and more generally sustainable development
- Adheres to WWF's values: knowledgeable, optimistic, determined and committed;
Master in Ecology and Population Biology, Geography, Natural Areas Management, Natural Resources Management or any other specialty deemed relevant to the position;
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be send electronically to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 08th February 2019.
The subject should read “OSM”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!