Posted on 31 May 2021
WWF, the world’s largest environmental NGO, is looking for a full time Senior Policy Officer, Wildlife Trade and Wildlife Crime for its WWF European Policy Office based in Brussels.
The Senior Policy Officer will provide technical support and develop and implement WWF policy and advocacy strategies vis-a-vis the EU institutions and support WWF International on international fora on wildlife trade and wildlife crime matters for EU matters in line with the WWF network positions. S/he will coordinate the related activities of WWF offices in EU member states and overseas.
S/he will also represent the Wildlife Practice within the EPO on matters relating to legal wildlife trade and wildlife crime.
What you need:
Required Qualifications and skills:
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Post graduate degree, Master’s degree or PhD preferably, in the field of political sciences, EU affairs or international relations, law, natural resources management, biological sciences, zoology, conservation biology, or commensurate experience combined with a strong professional affinity for the skills and competencies required for the position;
- At least 5 years of experience in EU policy advocacy and 3 years of experience related to wildlife conservation policy;
- Good technical knowledge of biodiversity conservation in general, and species conservation in particular;
- A good knowledge of EU structure and politics, CITES knowledge would be an asset;
- Direct work experience with an international conservation NGO or government agency.
- Strong and proven policy coordination skills, analytical skills and communication skills (written and oral) as well as strong networking and team building skills for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills, rigour and ability to translate technical information for a non-technical audience;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), working proficiency in other languages would be an asset;
- Ability to travel is essential for this position;
- Identifies & aligns with the core values of the WWF organisation: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 14 June 2021 midnight.
Work permit restrictions may apply; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.