Posted on 15 January 2021
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF Africa seeks the services of a suitable Consultant to perform a number of critical analyses as input into a One Health concept paper. One Health is defined by the One Health Initiative Task Force 1 as ‘the collaborative efforts of multiple disciplines working locally, nationally and globally to attain optimal health for people, animals and our environment’.
Scope of Work:
Key activities and outputs for this consultancy include:
- An inventory of existing one health concepts and perspectives as proposed by various organizations. This analysis will incorporate at least:
- A description of the various concepts and perspectives as currently existing and emerging.
- A specific analysis of the critical people-health-nature dependencies that are considered as crucial aspects in such concepts and perspectives as they bear on the Africa conservation context.
- A broad level categorization of these concepts and perspectives.
- Identification of institutions/organizations active in the One Health space, in particular within Africa, including a description of their focus and scope of work in this regard.
- An assessment of the potential for WWF to play a meaningful role in the One Health space, including potential partnerships to be considered in this regard.
- Consolidation of the above analyses in the form of a short summary report with relevant links and annexes as appropriate.
Deliverables and Timelines:
The consultant will deliver the following high-quality deliverables in a timely manner:
- Initial inventory of existing one health concepts and perspectives and identification of institutions/organizations active in the One Health space (15 February 2021).
- Discussion paper on the potential for WWF to play a meaningful role in the One Health space (28 February 2021).
- Summary Report (15 March 2021).
All deliverables will be in English with any alterations in timelines to be agreed in writing.
How to Apply?
Brief proposals must be submitted by 28th
January 2021 to the following contact to be considered and should outline:
- An understanding of the terms of reference.
- A proposed methodology/approach.
- A capacity statement with short CVs of individuals to be involved in this assignment.
- A high level work plan.
Administrative Coordinator - Operations, Africa
P O Box 62440 - 00200