Posted on 20 November 2023
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realisation that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organisation, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
This is a 3 moths opportunity.
To ensure excellence in effective and efficient functioning of Secretariat. Provide the
required operational functions, platforms and frameworks needed for WWF International
to carry out its functions effectively in all locations.
The role will administratively support the Chief Operating Officer - Africa and Director,
Finance Country Offices Management. The role will also perform a range of facilities
management functions related to efficient office operations and maintenance services
cross-cutting across all business functions to ensure the smooth running of the Nairobi
Provide executive support to the Chief Operating Officer - Africa and direct reports
• Prepare first draft of documents, letters and reports – edit and review documents drafted by others for dissemination by the COO;
• Managing and maintaining the COO’s diary and flagging on urgent correspondence;
• Plan and coordinate logistics for COO’s participation to internal and external events. Assisting the COO to plan trips and ensure effective logistics items (flights, visas, travel advance, travel request, itinerary table and contacts, invitation letter, hotel confirmation, related travel documents) are up to date;
• Following up on invitations from partners and in consultation with the COO’s, ensuring WWF’s representation;
• Maintaining and management of leave schedule for the COO and direct reports;
• Monitor COO’s expenses and action as necessary;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the COO.
Provide executive support to the Director, Finance Country Offices Management
• Organize and coordinate the financial performance review meetings of PO/CO on
a quarterly basis and ensure effective documentation of the key action points;
• Organize and coordinate follow up meetings on support to PO/COs required to
implement agreed actions with respective teams;
• Organize and prioritize agenda, meetings and appointments and endeavor to
streamline the supervisor's workload;
• Make travel arrangements for the Director and team ensuring cost effectiveness
& logistic efficiency, including entering them into the CO2 tracker;
• Provide support for meetings and conferences, including logistics and
coordinating and preparing all relevant documents related to travel, meetings or
• Coordinates organization and agenda of Country offices finance team’s regular
management team meetings, including developing action points, monitoring and
• Track budget and expenditure for Country offices Finance cost centers (collecting
invoices include Poeta, signatures, assisting to budget meetings);
• Oversees budget and manages supervisor's expenses (Oracle) and makes sure
expenses of supervisor's direct reports are approved;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance Country Offices
• Ensure Nairobi Hub Office is well managed and maintained;
• Ensure all utility payments are made on time;
• Acts as the main point of contact for Nairobi hub staff on administrative
matters and points related to effective office functioning;
• Coordination of office security, health and safety procedures and ensuring
compliance with the relevant authorities;
• Liaising with landlord and third party suppliers including insurance companies,
cleaners, and security on delivery services;
• Supporting events in the Nairobi hub office e.g. organizing hotels, transport
and catering services, office functions etc;
• Stock management, including maintaining inventory and buying and ordering
• Acting as main contact for deliveries to the office and organizing the
mailing/shipping of documents as required.
• A University Degree in Business Administration or related field; Master’s in Business
Administration would be an advantage;
• At least five years’ work experience in a reputable International NGO in a similar or
• Proven track record in successfully working with Director level functions in
international development, and/or other related fields;
• 5 years of experience in operations or finance.
Required Skills and Competencies.
● Excellent organizational, analytical and prioritization competence, with attention to details;
● Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
● Strong communication skills (written and oral);
● Ability to keep confidential information;
● Tender management, sourcing and negotiation skills;
● A good team player/leader with strong inter-personal skills, outgoing personality, and
ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines in
a multi- cultural setting;
● Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
● Excellent command of written and spoken English; other languages (French, Spanish,
Portuguese) would be an advantage;
● Embraces the WWF mission and values of the organisation: Courage, Integrity,
Respect & Collaboration.
Internal - Interacts regularly with COOs, Directors, key staff at WWF International,
Practice Leaders and with National Organization Chief Executives and Conservation
Directors, Programme Office Representatives and other WWF staff in fulfilment of
External - Interacts with partners, donors, representatives and visitors, as required in
fulfilment of duties.
How to apply
Please attach you CV and cover letter in English in a single PDF file.
Application deadline: 3 December 2023
Please consider that due to the high volume of applications only selected candidates will be
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.