WWF is running a global volunteer/internship programme for a select number of young people in such places as Bhutan, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Cambodia, Vietnam, Kenya, Madagascar, Bolivia, Paraguay.
To take part we'll make you jump through several hoops - namely a torturous application form
But if you get selected....
If you've got what it takes...
You are going to be in for the experience of a lifetime...
What you've already got...
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- An ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- The confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- A capacity for ongoing learning
- A keen interest to work with local communities
What you'll work on...
For example, you could find yourself working in a local community on a WWF Madagascar project such as:
What you'll learn...
- Gain an insight and awareness of conservation as WWF practices it
- Get an idea of the day-to-day reality & living standards of people in developing nations
- Increase your cross-cultural understanding
- Significantly improve your communication skills
- Enhance your teamwork skills
- Evolve your self-reliance skills
- Improve your innate adaptability
BUT FIRST, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OPENINGS
More info on WWF's work...
Learn about WWF's work