WWF International's Youth Volunteer Internship Programme is looking for a volunteer in communications for WWF Mongolia's Altai Sayan field office.
: Volunteer in charge of Communication at Altai Sayan field office, WWF Mongolia
: ASER Field office Director
Tentatively between 01 April and 30 October, 2020
Mission of the Department:
The Altai-Sayan ecoregion (ASER) stretches across territories of 4 countries namely, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and China and is mosaic of mountains, coniferous forests, steppe and alpine meadows. The ASER has been identified by WWF as a priority region for conservation due to its high level of plant and animal diversity.
The Altai-Sayan Field office of WWF Mongolia was established in 2005 with the purpose to ensure effective on-the-ground implementation of ‘Altai-Sayan Ecoregion Conservation Strategy’ in Mongolian part of the ecoregion through establishing and maintaining strong cooperation between WWF and key partners at local level under the guidance of specialists of main office in UB.
- Major Functions: Assist to staffs of Altai-Sayan Field Office in implementation of communication related activities in ASER.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses the effectiveness of WWF Mongolia`s present communication works in the region and develop recommendations for improvement to fill identified gaps;
- Supports and assists the field office in organization of communications works;
- Trains staffs of the field office particularly, the communication officer in communication toward WWF donors and supporters with donor retention purpose;
- Builds capacity of staffs in story telling/development and develops one story per month with participation of the communication team;
- Support organization of events, discussions and trainings related to implementation of ASER Conservation Strategy;
- Organize training to improve English language skill of staffs of Altai-Sayan Field Office; and
- Monthly reports to Director of Altai-Sayan Field Office and Communication Manager.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Preferably Master’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Technical proficiency in the field of public relations or communication related field, with professional experience in programme planning and implementation.
- Strong written/oral communications and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated research, proofreading and leadership skills;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships and international relations;
- Basic understanding of conservation and natural resource management challenges in Mongolia;
- Working Relationships:
– Interacts regularly with Communication Manager, ASER Program Manager and staff of Altai-Sayan Field Office.
- Interacts with local governmental organizations, community based organizations, protected area administration and ecoclub members.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Please send your CV and the online application form to email@example.com by 31 January 2020.