Posted on 11 October 2019
WWF has an opening through its Youth Volunteer Programme for a storytelling volunteer for 6 months with WWF Myanmar.
Location: WWF Myanmar
Assignment dates: 6 months starting as soon as possible
Language required: good level of English
Age Category: 19-27 years
II. Responsibilities and Duties
The position will include the following responsibilities and duties:
- Identifying and developing a series of ‘Behind the scenes’ stories: scriptwriting, conducting interviews, gathering assets
- Supporting production: scheduling shoots; logistical planning; liaising with other WWF teams, external crews and partners; on-shoot support; editing, post-production, quality assurance and final fact-checking support
Ill. Minimum Requirements
Pursuing a degree in journalism, mass communication, public relations, marketing or related field with a strong interest in conservation. Video production experience required.
- Essential: ability to identify and develop compelling, human interest stories on technical topics
- Experience organising shoots, storyboarding and gathering video footage
- Myanmar language highly preferred
- A keen sense of what makes compelling video content both editorially and visually
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with budget constraints
- Willingness to travel as required
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
Please include links to stories (articles, videos…) you have worked on in the past in your application.
IV. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- Experience a drone and/or sound equipment
How to apply?
- Experience working as a journalist or a storytelling communications role
- Experience working in communications for NGOs or agencies
Please complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your updated CV
Deadline to apply: 20 November 2019
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.