Posted on 03 December 2021
WWF Amazon Coordination Unit and WWF Peru
Position: Jaguar and priority landscapes Regional Coordinator (Amazon)
Working family: Regional - Amazon
Career level: Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Peru Office and Amazon Coordination Unit Program Officer
Review Date: November 26, 2021
WWF's vision for the Amazon region is to guarantee an ecologically healthy biome that maintains its environmental and cultural contributions to local peoples, the countries of the region and the world, within a framework of social equity, inclusive economic development and global responsibility. In this context, WWF has prioritized among its regional workstreams the conservation of the jaguar as one of the biome’s priority and umbrella species.
WWF has identified the need to hire a regional coordinator, based in WWF Peru, to strengthen, coordinate, align, facilitate and promote jaguar conservation in the Amazonian countries within the framework of the Initiative and the Regional Jaguar Strategy (RJS) of WWF LAC. The position will allow the continuation and strengthening of processes in collaboration with the jaguar technical leader of the WWF Amazon Conservation Unit (UCA) and the RJS focal points in the Amazonian countries that have a WWF office.
- Master's or higher in fields relevant to the position (conservation, public policies, environmental legislation, natural resources, among others).
- 5 to 8 years experience in:
- Regional coordination of Amazonian issues, environmental policies and / or conservation practices related to wildlife, particularly the jaguar.
- Fundraising for international initiatives.
- Species / fauna conservation projects.
- Full command of English and Spanish.
- Other knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication, coordination and negotiation skills.
- For the regional role: ability to work virtually and independently in interaction with actors from various countries.
- Knowledge of other official languages of the Amazonian countries/territories desirable.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
Professionals who meet the requested requirements and who are interested in being part of the Organization, must send:
- Letter of intent, indicating their availability to start working and salary expectations.
With the subject Jaguar and priority landscapes Regional Coordinator (Amazon) to the email address: email@example.com
until December 31, 2021.
Applications that do not submit the information required will be automatically discarded.