TEAMING UP FOR WILD TIGERS
That is why KENZO is partnering with WWF to double the population of wild tigers by 2022 – the next year of the tiger in the Chinese zodiac. Working with governments, conservation partners and communities, this goal, known as TX2, is one of the most ambitious conservation goals ever for a single species.
As a keystone species, securing the future of tigers helps protect the ecosystems and the well-being of communities and wildlife in the areas they inhabit.
KENZO is inaugurating a capsule collection, designed by Creative Director Felipe Oliveira Baptista, in homage to its emblematic tiger. The collection is composed of essential garments all made of 100% organic cotton and certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). For each piece sold, KENZO will donate US$10 to WWF which will go towards TX2. This partnership will last until the end of 2022, the ambitious timeline set by TX2 to double wild tigers from 2010 levels.
This collaboration forms part of a broader partnership between KENZO and WWF, which will work to improve the sustainability of KENZO’s cotton supply chain and freshwater footprint. Through this action, KENZO upholds its philosophy: to be inspired by nature and to protect nature.
TX2 is the global goal to double the number of tigers in the wild by 2022 - the next Chinese year of the tiger.
In 2010, at the Tiger Summit in St Petersburg, all 13 tiger-range governments to one of the most ambitious and visionary species conservation goals ever – to double wild tiger numbers by 2022, the next Chinese Year of the Tiger.
WWF was a driving force behind the Tiger Summit and remains a major force behind TX2, leading on the following:
- Driving political momentum to ensure wild tigers remain a top priority for world leaders
- Professionalising wildlife protection by training government rangers, and deploying the latest technology (SMART patrolling) to achieve Zero Poaching
- Tackling the illegal wildlife trade through our partnership with TRAFFIC
- Focusing conservation efforts on key tiger landscapes, driving attention and investments into 50 of the world’s most important tiger heartlands
- Partnering with local communities in support of tiger conservation
Visit tigers.panda.org to find out more.