Posted on 15 May 2018
WWF International office in Vienna
Coordinate the monthly closing of all Sub-ledgers and Primary General Ledger in Oracle E-business Suite. Has a key role in the consolidation of a portfolio of WWF Programme Offices. Ensures timely and accurate submission of quarterly VAT returns. Responsible for the set up and accounting for non-standard income scenarios. Carries out special projects concerning VAT and Swiss GAAP RPC.
- Responsible for the timely closing of the Primary General Ledger, including the planning and coordination of the closing and posting of the Sub-ledgers, calculation, review and posting of month and quarter end entries in Oracle E-business Suite (e.g. revaluation of foreign currency balances, allocation of indirect costs etc.)
- Provide support and training to producers and regional reviews of consolidation reporting packages, to ensure compliance with WWF’s accounting policies
- Reviews trial balances, financial data and reports from a portfolio of Country and Programme Offices and prepares consolidation adjustments as necessary
- Global Subject Matter Expert on accounting for revenue under Swiss GAAP FER (researching, documenting procedures, testing Oracle functionality, training Regional Subject Matter Experts, helpdesk)
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and reconcile income per the returns to the annual audited accounts. Liaise with the Federal Tax Authorities in Bern concerning the submission, content and audit of the VAT returns and the payment of VAT due. Review VAT legislation and keep up to date with modifications to the law. Drive any process changes arising from changes in VAT legislation or audits
- Prepare yearly claims for the reimbursement of withholding tax
- Set up and ensure complete and accurate accounting for awards for non-standard income scenarios
- Prepare and follow up reconciliations between Grants and General Ledger modules (income, expenditure, unbilled receivables)
- Maintain parent values for awards and projects in the Chart of Accounts for the Secretariat and Programme Offices
- Calculate, enter in Oracle General Ledger and publish FX rates for all Programme Offices
- Coordinate timely collection of information required for accounting of royalties, carry out posting of income and accruals and reconciliation of relevant royalties accounts (such as undistributed royalties and Provision for NO Share of Royalties)
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to Swiss National Bank for Current Account Survey
- Calculate and publish common cost and hourly rates
- Update & ensure compliance with the Internal Control System (“ICS”) and liaise with auditors for the processes under own responsibility
- Back up for Oracle GL Super User
- Carry out other duties, as and when required, at the request of the Financial Controller
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- An University degree in finance / accounting
- Five to ten years experiences with financial management information systems and reporting tools
- Five to ten years experiences of accounting and reporting, ideally within an international group of companies, including the supervision of staff
- Excellent written and spoken German language skills
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills: Excel, financial software, word processing, MS-Powerpoint;
- Knowledge of Oracle and financial reporting systems (such as SAP) an advantage;
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Aptitude for clear and concise oral and written communication;
- An interest in conservation;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined & Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn
as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
43’000 – 49’500 eur gross per year.
Deadline for applications:
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.