Posted on 01 June 2011
Bonn must make solid progress in operationalizing the Cancun Agreements as well as make progress in addressing unresolved issues in time for COP 17 in Durban.
WWF has prioritized the following areas for early progress to be made by parties in Bonn:
• Identify ways in which the Gigatonne Gap can be addressed in order to enhance mitigation action
• Laying the basis for ambition to match the science
• Define a robust process to negotiate an agreement on new sources of Finance
• Advance MRV guidelines, modalities and timetables
• Advance work on the content and modalities of Low-Carbon Development Strategies for developed and developing countries.
• Deepen agreements on the Cancun Adaptation Framework and emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+)