Communications Intern - WWF TanzaniaINTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), an international conservation organization, is seeking for a competent and highly motivated Intern for Communications Department, to be based in Dar es salaam.
- Main Function
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to generate ideas and put together content that will include write, produce and liaise with communications manager to develop content on the website and other social media platforms ensuring that it is engaging, up-to-date, and correctly branded
- Collect and share web articles/stories for consumption within WWF network audiences.
- Utilize digital marketing tools and analytics to increase visitors and data capture from our website and social media.
- With supervision from the communications manager organize and facilitate the execution of conservation activities. Eg the commemoration of special conservation days and programme oriented activities.
- Assist the communications manager to design and publish communication materials that will help increase TCO’s visibility and communicate conservation education to targeted audiences.
- Assist in collecting, organizing, selecting and making use of powerful images on social media and documentation.
- Assist in organizing, selecting and making good use of film/video footage on social media and in feature stories
- Assist the communications Manager in facilitating media engagement in the country for the purpose of increasing TCO’s presence on the traditional media (Radio, Television and Newspapers)
- Facilitate documentation of Lessons and best practices from programme interventions in priority areas that would be shared with partners and also for supporting and influencing development of appropriate policies and mechanisms that would ensure long term sustainability of TCO Programmes.
- Participate in relevant meetings and workshops for learning purpose and develop reports and presentations if necessary.
- Maintain a good image of the organization to ensure that WWF remains among the most respected in the country and beyond, and
- Produce performance report at the end of the internship period for assessment.
Mode of application: Applications must include a Cover Letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line Intern – Communications by Wednesday, 25th April 2018 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is equal opportunity Organization