Posted on 13 February 2017
Position Title :
School Coordinator, WWF Singapore
Reports to :
Education Manager, WWF Singapore
1 Year (Renewable)
- Mission of WWF Singapore: To ensure a high performing WWF office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources. WWF Singapore’s focus is on delivering corporate responsibility partnerships, individual/ major donor fundraising and community engagement for WWF’s priority conservation activities in Singapore and the rest of WWF’s global network.
- Major Functions: The position of School Coordinator was established for the purpose of engaging new schools, cultivating a professional relationship, and providing personalised support to existing WWF Eco-schools and its stakeholders. This includes specific responsibilities for providing information on the range of WWF education programs and services available, school and/or nation-wide activities and events. The incumbent will work with schools and external agencies to foster an ongoing partnership between WWF and Eco-schools.
Main areas of work:
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Event management related to WWF activities.
- Eco-schools acquisition and support
- Account management and customer service related to education programme.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the education unit
- Organises, assists and conducts a variety of events such as talks, workshops, network sessions, camps, conferences, etc., as part of the education programme. Skilled in engaging a variety of people from pre-schoolers to adults.
- Be the first point of contact for school leaders, educators and student committees for the purpose of maintaining WWF-Singapore’s partnership with schools. Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information and direction as may be required.
- Visits schools as required for the purpose of assessing situations, improving communication, providing information regarding education policies and services.
- Coordinates and conducts meetings with school staff and students for the purpose of gaining information, discussing needs and challenges, and to provide solutions as part of WWF education services
- Connects schools, stakeholders and relevant community members; interprets technical information related to education programme and its implementation; and collects school data and feedback for accountability.
- Confers with teachers, schools and appropriate external agencies for the purpose of evaluating the impact of the education programme and its implementation.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, reporting, tracking, etc.) to support the education programme and its accountability.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials for the purpose of communicating information, providing written support and recommendations for schools and stakeholders.
- Maintains a variety of confidential and non-confidential resources and electronic lists and records (e.g. activity logs, phone logs, grants and project details, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of documenting projects, providing up-to-date reference and audit trail while ensuring the availability of services to schools.
- Diploma in education, customer service or other related field of work with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
- Demonstrable public speaking and customer service skills.
- Willingness to travel to various locations in Singapore to provide school services.
- Working knowledge of Singapore education system both local and international.
- Be process driven with strong record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Passionate about sustainability, education and customer service.
- Working Relationships:
Works closely with the Education Manager and the Communications Team
Coordinates with education practitioners (including principals, teachers, administrators and related personnel), partners and related parties.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Interested candidates should email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 28 February 2017. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.