International Programme Officer, Sustainable Food Consumption and ProductionWe are looking for a International Programme Officer, Sustainable Food Consumption and Production (M/W) who will be responsible for accelerating the transition towards a sustainable food system. The incumbent will also coordinate the WWF’s network’s overall contribution to the 10-year framework of programmes (10YFP).
Location/Contract Details:WWF office in Paris, France. Short-term contract (1 year)
- Coordinate the WWF’s network’s overall contribution to the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production patterns (10YFP) , with a specific focus on the Sustainable Foods System Program (SFS) and Consumer Information Program (CIP) as well as interactions with other 10YFP programs such as the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education program.
- Represent WWF at Sust. Food Systems program and provide advice to programmatic approach of Food Systems Program.
- Ensuring regular communication and exchange among Lead/Co-Leads, Multi-Stakeholder Advisory Committee (MAC), Partners and the 10YFP Secretariat, including reporting, transparency and accountability.
- Organization of international conferences in context with 10 YFP.
- Support projects in the Frame of sust. consumption and production and link to 10 YFP
- Develop and maintain the dedicated websites, specifically the Global SCP Clearinghouse which is the information and knowledge platform of the 10YFP;
- Ensure the involvement of WWF staff and WWF offices, and promote WWF concepts, program and results within the 10 YFP.
- Contribute to reporting as required and prepare communications materials and messages for WWF international and national channels.
What you need:Required Qualifications
- University degree in a relevant discipline e.g. environmental policy, agricultural or fisheries science, international relations/political science, economics, law or related disciplines.
- 2-5 years post-graduate experience in conservation, environment, development or international relations work.
- Track record of delivering policy-relevant results.
- Understanding of global, regional or national food and agriculture issues and governance.
- Experience of working in an international program with multiple actors.
- A strong team player, with willingness to implement tasks, as well as to manage
- Fluency in English - other international (UN) language/s, French in particular, an asset.
- Competent communication and advocacy skills.
- Results driven, tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals.
- Experience of working with governments, corporate sector, aid agencies, civil society, and NGOs.
- Passion for conservation.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com with the subject line “International Programme Officer, Sustainable Food Consumption and Production 2016”.
Deadline for applications: April 15th 2016