Environment and Biodiversity Conservation Project - Madagascar
CHIEF OF PARTY, Environment and Biodiversity Conservation Project - Madagascar
WWF, the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity in Madagascar to conserve biodiversity and secure natural resources while promoting resilient livelihoods.
Main responsibilities:The CoP will direct staff; oversee grants, sub-grants and consulting contracts, as needed; coordinate with staff from WWF and partner organization in the project area on a daily basis; and collaborate with a range of government and partner organizations across the region in accordance with USAID and WWF field operation regulations.
What you need:Education/Experience:
At least a master’s-level degree in conservation biology, natural resource management, international development or related field of study. At least eight years of field experience managing large, complex conservation and/or natural resource management projects is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in sustainable natural resource management and governance, including biodiversity conservation, climate change, land-use planning, and/or related topics.
- Previous work experience in Madagascar is desirable. Experience building good working relationships with local and international partners, including government authorities, NGOs, technical partners, and bilateral and multilateral donors is highly desirable. Must be team player with very strong diplomatic skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage large government agency-funded projects. USAID project management experience highly desirable.
- Program management skills must include i) program planning, ii) technical direction and oversight and iii) program administration and financial management.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and institution strengthening and training skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal French and English is essential.
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Full job description can be found on the website www.wwf.mg. or on the notice board of all WWF Offices.
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV(*) with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to email@example.com or presented at WWF Antsakaviro, Antananarivo or WWF Field Offices with the mention “Chief of Party”.
(*) specific template for cover letter and resume is available on www.wwf.mg or can be requested at WWF Offices.
Deadline for application: 1st May, 2016.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.