WWF Mediterranean Marine Programme Manager, North AfricaPosition title: North Africa Marine Programme Manager, WWF Mediterranean
Reports to: Director, WWF North Africa
Location: Tunis, Casablanca
DescriptionThe North Africa Marine Programme Manager leads and coordinates the development and management of WWF's sub-regional marine programme, integrated in the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI), including strategy implementation and staff supervision;. supports project development and fundraising; develops and manages relations with key marine actors and istitutions, and represents WWF in policy fora identified by the MMI strategy; supervises the marine project portfolio and leads the implementation of projects as assigned to her/his supervision; ensures the monitoring of progress, evaluation of results and reporting to donors and to the WWF Network.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the development and implementation of the marine programme for WWF In North Africa (Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya), including strategy development, implementation and monitoring;
- Ensure that activities and projects contribute to WWF Mediterranean strategy;
- Act as the WWF spokesperson in North Africa in relation to marine-related issues;
- Research and identify funding opportunities and priorities to develop WWF’s marine programme portfolio in North Africa;
- Contribute to developing project concepts and proposals;
- Monitor sub-regional policy processes and establish, together with North Africa Director and the MMI leader, any strategic directions or WWF engagement in such processes;
- Build a relationship and dialogue with public authorities on marine-related issues, sharing our vision and work, and strengthening strategic relationships as needed;
- Build relationships and partnerships with civil society and the public and private sector as necessary for the development and implementation of WWF's marine strategy in North Africa.
- A university degree and technical proficiency in marine conservation, fisheries management, policy development, or relevant field;
- At least 2-5 years professional experience in marine resource management, preferably with at least 2 years in a senior role, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and projects and budgets;
- Proven experience in marine conservation issues, negotiations with internal and external stakeholders, and design and activation of strategic partnerships;
- Experience in ecosystem based management, small scale fisheries, marine protected areas and integrated ocean management, including capacity to engage with public and private stakeholders and address participatory management processes;
- Preference will be given to those with field experience, specifically in working with fishermen and local fisheries associations and with proven knowledge of the Mediterranean region;
- Proficiency in Arabic, English and French, additional languages will be considered an asset.
Familiarity with the WWF network will be considered an advantage.
WWF's Mission and Values
It is part of every staff member's terms of reference to contribute to WWF's mission: WWF’s Mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by:
- conserving the world's biological diversity
- ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable
- reducing pollution and wasteful consumption.
It is also part of every staff member's terms of reference to embody WWF's values, WWF's core values help describe what makes WWF a unique and special place to work. WWF's values guide individual employees, shape interactions between all employees and departments, and foster strong relationships with our external partners and supporters.
Engaging - Open, available, accessible
Optimistic - Inspiring, positive, ambitious, successful
Determined - Passionate, urgent, results-oriented
Knowledgeable - Science and facts based, wise/smart, intelligent, expert
For information contact: Faouzi Maamouri (Fmaamouri@wwfna.org) or Giuseppe Di Carlo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply please send your CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: February 22, 2016.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.