Personal Assistant to the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing
Personal Assistant to the Executive Director, Communications and MarketingExciting opportunity for a dynamic and proactive assistant with a passion for people and nature. Help WWF build a sustainable future by ensuring the efficient management of the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing’s Office.
Location/Contract Details:WWF International in Gland, Switzerland
Fixed-term contract (February to December 2016)
- Manages the administration of the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing’s Office, setting work priorities and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Organizes, prioritizes and tracks agenda, meetings, appointments and paper flow and endeavours to streamline the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing’s workload and ensures timely responses to invitations and other requests;
- Provides support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinates and prepares all relevant documents and briefing packs;
- Organizes travel, including flights, accommodation and other logistics and coordinates and prepares documents related to travel; keeping Climate Friendly CO2 info up-to-date;
- Edits correspondence, reports and documents;
- Creates spreadsheets and presentations;
- Answers and screens inquiries e-mail and correspondence independently where possible, based on familiarity with subject matter, and refers others to appropriate staff member or department;
- Manages special communications projects in close relationship with Communications and Marketing Executive Director;
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing and carries out duties relying on own initiative and independent action to assist supervisor with scheduling and completing work assignments;
- Maintains filing system.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Secretarial/Administration diploma from a commercial college or equivalent;
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience as secretary/assistant, preferably in the area of communications/marketing/media.
- Attentive to detail and follow-up with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, empathy and people-oriented;
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion and unfailing diplomacy;
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Capacity and willingness to take initiative, proactive attitude;
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels;
- Ability to research information and synthesize it;
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in MS Office as well as a working knowledge of collaborative platforms (Google Drive, Webex);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French;
- Interest in conservation and modern communications;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?Deadline for applications: 31st January 2016
Upload your covering letter and CV on Linkedin. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter. Please make sure they are saved together as one file.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.