JOB POSITION: WWF Mediterranean Corporate Partnerships and Communications OfficerWWF Mediterranean is seeking an experienced Corporate Partnerships and Communications Officer to support its work in the Western Balkans Region.
The Corporate Partnerships and Communications Officer will develop and implement communications strategies and relationships with business, with a view to achieving measurable conservation, communications and revenue gains for WWF priority activities.
The Officer will support WWF Mediterranean overall goals and programs in the Western Balkans Region (primarily in Croatia but also in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovenia…).
He/she will focus primarily on one project developed by WWF Mediterranean in Croatia, will implement the communications component of the project, develop sponsorships for a major photo exhibition and build up broader communications, corporate relations and fundraising initiatives.
The Corporate Partnerships and Communications Officer will work full time, be based in Zagreb, work closely with the local and international WWF team and report to WWF Mediterranean Director of Communications and Corporate Relations.
Eligibility to work under Croatian employment law is required.
- Design and implementation of communications programs (preparation of communications strategy and plan, building up of media relations, production of publications, organisation of events, development of online presence – web and social media, supervision of pictures and footage collection and production of videos, development of communications partnerships...)
- Acquisition and development of sponsorship partnerships for a major photo exhibition and organisation of communications initiatives to promote the exhibition
- Acquisition of corporate partners with regards to both fundraising as well as conservation-based corporate engagements for WWF Mediterranean in the Western Balkans Region
- Preparing presentations, project proposals and contracts
- Project and relationship management for the implementation of corporate partnerships (sponsorships, technical partnerships, communications partnerships, project donations, transformational partnerships...)
- Coordination and implementation of marketing and communications return services for corporate partners
- Coordination with WWF’s staff in the region, at WWF Mediterranean Headquarters in Italy and at WWF International in Switzerland
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a related field
- University (or equivalent) degree, preferably in economics, business management, communications, public relations, marketing, natural or social sciences with practical experience in the private sector
- Good understanding of business environment, in particular in the Western Balkans Region, knowledge of green business models is an asset
- Ability to conceptualize and create products which link programme with business interests, capacity to translate sophisticated conservation, education and policy projects into compelling communications and funding opportunities
- Contacts in the business and communications sector in Croatia and possibly in the Western Balkans Region is a strong advantage
- Good experience in main communications fields, approaches and tools – media, web, social media, events, publications, visual communications (photos and videos), advertising, campaigning, communications partnerships, etc.
- Native Croatian speaker or perfect fluency in Croatian with an excellent command of English ; knowledge of other Western Balkans languages an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills as well as analytical thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work within a virtual network
- Ability to work in a team as well as working independently
- Ability to work under pressure in peak-period demand
- Experience in Western Balkans countries is an advantage
- Strong commitment to the mission, goals, and values of WWF is essential.
- Ability to travel throughout the Western balkans Region and in Europe
- Contributing to challenging conservation and sustainable development activities in one of the world’s fastest changing regions
- Being part of one of the most experienced global environmental organisations with offices, colleagues and projects around the world
- Opportunity to acquire knowledge and experience about environmental management, CSR and environmental sponsorship as well as innovative business partnerships contributing to a healthy planet
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- Salary according to NGO standards
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter and CV in English mentioning how you heard about this position to Anne Rémy, WWF Mediterranean Director of Communications and Corporate Relations at email@example.com
No phone calls please, only e-mails. We thank all applicants for their interest however we may contact only those candidates selected for interviews.
Application deadline: 16 January 2012
WWF Mediterranean Programme Office is supporting conservation and sustainable management of forest, marine and freshwater ecosystems in the Mediterranean, with a special focus on the priority Dinaric Arc and South West Mediterranean ecoregions, and on critical regional policies. WWF Mediterranean adopts approaches ranging from field projects, to policy and advocacy, to communications and capacity building, and works with an extended network of partnerships. To know more, please visit: mediterranean.panda.org