Posted on 31 October 2018
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified Senior Advisor: Results Based Management and Organisation Development,
to lead in developing and strengthening the organisation practices and tools needed to deliver breakthrough performance as well as develop priority office and Program KPIs and ensure monitoring of the same to achieve a transformational and holistic office performance shift. The role will deliver M and E capacity; drive and support the conservation and operations teams in adopting best practices in result based management; facilitate support to resource teams driving the implementation of re-engineering systems and management operating systems aimed at boosting operational efficiency, value for money and compliance; and work hand in hand with WWF Zambia management team to establish new future-fit governance and management structures, and facilitate staff engagement in the transformation initiatives. The Senior Advisor, Results-based Management is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Building office Organisational Capacity to support conservation agenda
- Support the senior management team develop and implement action plans to deliver specific annual targets for WWF Zambia to become a national office by 2022 as approved by the Interim Board of WWF Zambia.
- Work with Country Director and HR Manager to plan and execute activities that ensure effective leadership practises across all layers of the organisations ensuring that OD and M&E targets are built into individual performance targets (AIM).
- Support the establishment of change governance mechanisms for procedures, decisions and actions that fall outside of usual business practices.
- Supports WWF Zambia team plan programs and departmental work streams in line with WWF international Programme Standards to ensure measurable goals and objectives that allow the roll up of results from landscape programmes to national and global levels.
- Support SMT departments leads to support establish business process practises and management operating systems that enhance operational excellence and promote cross function collaboration so as to facilitate support operational efficiency, value4money and compliance to WWF policies and stands.
- Support the SMT break the siloes and support the development, implementation and monitoring of a coordinated, relevant, locally-owned and impact focussed organisational strategy and organisational structure.
- Support CD in the managing the interim board as well as the establishment of a system to support a well-functioning and influential board that provides an effective fiduciary function and adds-value to organisation’s conservation agenda.
- Support the Country Director, Senior Management Team and Change Team(s) to monitor and communicate change ensuring a transparent change process that provides opportunities for collective exploration, co-creation of solutions, shared ownership and responsibility, coordinated action and participatory review and assessment.
- Develop and manage OD proposal, budget, financial and technical reporting and funding contract for OD in collaboration with WWF senior Management Team. Track and report on OD impacts and results regularly.
2. Strengthening Conservation delivery and learning
- Work with the WWF Zambia core staff and landscape teams and their partners to assess, project and plan on the required capacity to deliver the key performance indicators improve their capacity on planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning through training and mentoring of planning and monitoring staff.
- Create opportunities for documentation and harvesting of lessons and learning and build lessons in work processes to deliver high impact results based management practises.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties as delegated by the WWF Country Director.
3. Strengthening Planning Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Strengthen WWF Zambia’s implementation of the Annual Performance Monitoring System (APMS) based on Results Based Matrix (RBM) to track key impact and outcome indicators defined by WWF Zambia country’s country strategy.
- Support WWF Zambia departments and conservation program teams set up annual performance targets (key performance indicates that contribute to WWF Zambia and global practise long term strategy outcome and impact indicators as per APMS and RBM.
- Support WWF Zambia team align projects, staffing and funding opportunities to long term strategy outcome and impact indicators.
- Support HR and administration Manager to facilitate across the board implementation of common performance indicators to achieve breakthrough performance that will link individual work plans to team work plans and finally to office annual work-plan and targets.
- Plan program and departmental heads to ensure data on impact and outcome measures are timely collected and used, to strengthen day to day strategy management and facilitate adaptive management.
- Build OD and M&E capacity for key WWF Zambia departmental staff to ensure adherence to WWF and donor reporting deadlines and standards both TPR and FRs.
- Lead capacity building activities on M&E for partners to design and deliver impactful programs.
- University degree (at least 5 years) in a relevant subject.
- At least 7 years’ experience in programme design and impact monitoring and/or project management and organisation development.
Knowledge, Experience and skills required:
Overall Skills, Competencies and behaviours required:
The embodiment of WWF Global behavioural competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in applying the WWF Programme Standards performance and OD tools or similar standards and tools.
- Experience with various planning, monitoring and evaluation approaches (i.e. theory of change, conceptual models, result chains, conservation measures, APMS, RBM).
- Experience with an international organisation focused on improving program quality, performance and impact delivery.
- Senior experience supporting or driving institutional and culture shifts to deliver improved team/organisational performance.
- Team player, Mature and results driven.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, experience with training and coaching.
- Works well under deadlines, accurate, eye for quality, pays attention to detail.
- Culturally sensitive and proven ability to work in a global team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity building experience.
- Strive for Impact «I am results driven. Everything I do, the way I think, plan and implement is driven by a relentless search for impact. »
- Listen Deeply «I go beyond my point of view and strive to see the bigger picture from different perspectives. I stay curious and listen deeply to what others have to say. »
- Collaborate Openly «I’m a global citizen working for a living planet. I am constantly thinking of how with others, together, we can be more impactful. I work across boundaries, openly ask for help and share what I know, both internally and externally. »
- Innovate Fearlessly «I take risks to find better solutions. I measure progress and learn from mistakes. I share both success & failures. I encourage others to do the same. »
How to apply?
Applications must include a cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees sent as one file with subject line ‘Senior Advisor: Results Based Management and Organisation Development’ to The People & Culture Manager-Africa through firstname.lastname@example.org
to be received not later than Wednesday 14th November 2018 at 5.00pm.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.