Marketing and Communications Manager
BackgroundThe Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI) involves 7 WWF offices (European Policy Office, WWF-Spain, WWF-Italy, WWF-Mediterranean, WWF-Greece, WWF-France and WWF-Turkey) under a Programme Implementation Agreement and a joint conservation strategy. The MMI has a light coordination structure, with a decision-making team (Shareholder Group) formed by CEOs and Conservation Director and a Leadership Team formed by a Director, and 2 managers (communication and policy).
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager who will lead Mediterranean Marine Initiative communications in the Mediterranean and globally, developing and coordinating a communications and marketing strategy to support the Initiative and its offices.
LocationPreferred location: Rome (Italy), with the possibility of being hosted by the MMI Offices in France, Greece, Turkey or Spain.
- Lead WWF’s marketing and communications work for the Mediterranean Marine Initiative.
- Develop and implement strategies with a view to achieving WWF’s long-range conservation goals in the Mediterranean.
- Ensure integration, alignment and scaling-up of relevant marketing and communications strategies of all MMI Offices.
- Highlight the MMI profile and actions within the Global WWF Network as well as externally to existing and new partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with WWF offices, other NGOs, media and other stakeholders on major strategic communications and campaigning issues.
- Support and, where necessary, lead project and funding proposal development.
Required qualifications, skills and competencies
- At least 10 years’ experience in an international or European organization in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or campaigning.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing or coordinating a small to medium-sized team and coordinating wider teams of peers.
- Knowledge of and experience of Mediterranean culture, values and society.
- Familiarity with major environmental and conservation issues.
- Proven track record of developing and successfully implementing marketing, communications, and advocacy strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize and create messages, tools and approaches which link programme and conservation issues with different audiences interests.
- Capacity to translate sophisticated conservation, science and policy projects into compelling communications opportunities.
- Solid experience in main communications fields – media, web, social media, events, publications, visual communications (photos and videos), advertising, campaigning, communications partnerships.
- Experience in project design and management.
- Proficiency in English and preferably in French. Any other Mediterranean language considered an asset.
- Ability to travel throughout the Mediterranean and Europe.
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?To apply please send your CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information contact: Giuseppe Di Carlo (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications: October 31, 2016
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.