Survey: French people want a greener Europe
The survey is part of WWF's campaign asking candidates for the European elections to pledge for the environment.
Key findings of the survey:
- 57% - the percentage of French people who would like to see the European Union take greater steps to protect the environment. Conversely, only 5% believe that the EU should do less;
- 75% of French people consider that it “should be a priority” to establish a European development model that will protect natural resources in Europe and around the world;
- 90% of the French population say they are in favour of developing an energy mix based on renewable energy and energy efficiency (41% “completely” agree with this idea);
- Over three-quarters of the French population (77%) think that Europe-wide energy transition and environmental conservation can be factors in economic growth and job creation;
- Lastly, 55% of French people think energy transition and environmental conservation should be an important issue in the European elections.