WWF-Laos, part of WWF-Greater Mekong’s regional programme, is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Lao Country Office is seeking to recruit two well-qualified and experienced Lao National to fill the vacant position of Project Manager based in Pakse Province, Lao PDR.
Project Manager (full-time)
Base location: Pakse, Champassak Province
This post is with the “Conservation and sustainable use of aquatic natural resources in Siphandone” project. The general objective of the project is to contribute to the overall socio-economic development of the Lao PDR through the conservation and sustainable use of aquatic natural resources in the Siphandone area of Champassak Province. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the project. He/she is in charge of and ensuring compliance with the Project Documents and WWF’s contractual obligations. This includes responsibilities for technical, financial and administrative aspects of the Project. The Project Manager is a team leader, in charge of creating a positive team work environment and is accountable for all 6 (six) team members (project officers and support officer).
· Bachelor’s degree in conservation, natural resource management, environment or other relevant fields
· Qualification in project management
· Knowledge of conservation and natural resource management issues in Laos
· 5 years of practical experience in managing projects in either NGOs or the United Nations or bilateral development agencies, 2 years of which should be in related fields
· Experience in conducting studies and coordinating research activities
· Experience of working with Government officials, local communities and/or donors
· Fluency in written and spoken English
Detailed Job Descriptions of the positions are posted on www.panda.org and available upon request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter mentioning the position applied for together with CV in English to: email@example.com
Closing date: November 22th 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF-Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WWF-Laos is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce